Confidence crisis

Options
Hi,

Today its one of my flat mates birthdays and the idea of going out clubbing terrifies me as it seems I've developed a mentality that going out at my current weight isn't allowed and that I only feel it is acceptable once I reach my goal weight.

I was just wondering if any of you guys feel the same as me?

x
660499.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    To some extent I experience this myself. But if I were put in the basement until I was beautiful, I would just get fat and ugly. You have to get out into the world. If I was locked in the basement I wouldn't have any motivation to get hot... and you know what? Dancing is fantastic for burning calories!

So go shake what your momma gave you and make those boys jealous! winkt.gif
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    All the time sweetie, just ignore the feeling and go on out. Before long you'll be having fun and you'll forget your worries for awhile. I'm pretty sure your friends love you for the beautiful person you are and want to spend time with you regardless of how YOU think you look. Time to celebrate your friend and not marginalize yourself. Have a ball !!!
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Hi,

Today its one of my flat mates birthdays and the idea of going out clubbing terrifies me as it seems I've developed a mentality that going out at my current weight isn't allowed and that I only feel it is acceptable once I reach my goal weight.

I was just wondering if any of you guys feel the same as me?

x
    660499.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

You know, you've done awesome already so go out and rock it likes its hot!
    I know how you're feeling - I have a singing competition tonight and I was feeling a bit the same about it, and then I decided..."Well, I've lost 53lbs since this competiton started in October so why the hell not rock the thigh high boots!?"

You're hot ****! (That should be your mantra!)
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I wonder how long if I'll ever get past being uncomfortable even when I get to my goal just because I'm so used to feeling bad about my body. But, we all have to try or nothing will ever happen. Go out. Think sexy and confident and that's exactly what everyone else will see, too!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yep. Only recently have I started thinking I may actually look good when I go out. And I'm pretty sure that's just because I'm the smallest I've ever been as an adult, so in my mind I really am hotter than I've ever been. :laugh: And when I start looking around and being honest with myself, yeah, there are are a lot of girls there with really awesome bodies. But there are also a lot of girls there who probably **wish** they could wear a size 14 like me but yet they're still confident in their own beauty. So.. yeah, you're beautiful and you should go out and really enjoy yourself. :wink:
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I wonder how long if I'll ever get past being uncomfortable even when I get to my goal just because I'm so used to feeling bad about my body. But, we all have to try or nothing will ever happen. Go out. Think sexy and confident and that's exactly what everyone else will see, too!!

Yes Its funny to see if there will be a day when you change
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. But I find that dressing up (after i get through the crying episodes of finding something to wear!) and going out really helps with motivating me and giving me confidence. You can't hide yourself from the world just b/c your not where you want to be yet. Life is about loving yourself for who you are and for who you will become. Live for the moment ;) My boyfriend is so superficial it kills me. He practically made summer horrible last year b/c he gained weight and refuses to go swimming with me. he won't take his shirt off for nothing ever! and he is constantly putting himself down. lack of confidence is a very big turn off! you can have fun and enjoy life regardless of what size you are! So just enjoy being you and feel confident in the body you have now!
  • crabbygirl
    Options
    I may feel a twinge of jealousy for the physically perfect people, but the people I really am jealous of (and wish to be) are the ones having a great time and enjoying themselves. Go out and HAVE A GREAT TIME AND ENJOY YOURSELF!!