Workout vs No workout

Options
I know that maybe I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I have noticed a trend. When I weigh the morning after a workout day, I either haven't lost or went up slightly. On mornings after not working out, there is almost always a loss. I know that there must be a mathematical scientific answer for this. Someone tell me what it is.

Replies

• kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    bump...im wondering this too! I always weigh less at the beginning of the week because i usually rest on weekends...and by the end of the week i weigh more...hmph...
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    When you have exercised, the body holds on to water to help repair the muscles..hence the weight gain the next day. It's always best to weigh after a rest day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    When you have exercised, the body holds on to water to help repair the muscles..hence the weight gain the next day. It's always best to weigh after a rest day.

this!
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ha! My body works backwards, then. I almost always weigh less after a workout.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Unless your goal is single-day weight loss, it's not worth worrying about.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options

That makes sense. Thanks.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself after a day of strength training. It's normal, so don't worry! Just try not to weigh yourself after those days and you will be a lot happier.
  • whitesox56
    Options
    I weigh in Friday morning. I usually take Saturday or Sunday as my rest day. I have a cheat meal on Tuesday afternoon. I lift weights Friday, Saturday/Sunday and Monday. No weights after Monday.

OK I'm confused now. Don't they weigh in on the Biggest Loser after doing a really intense workout? My most intense workout is on Thursday...
  • badmojo108
    Options
    I weigh in Friday morning. I usually take Saturday or Sunday as my rest day. I have a cheat meal on Tuesday afternoon. I lift weights Friday, Saturday/Sunday and Monday. No weights after Monday.

OK I'm confused now. Don't they weigh in on the Biggest Loser after doing a really intense workout? My most intense workout is on Thursday...

Immediately after a workout you tend to weight less, since you probably sweated more than you hydrated during your workout.

The following morning however you tend to weight more, since a lot of the water you drank after your workout is now being stored by your body for muscle repair.

So if Thursday is you most intense workout and you weighed yourself Thursday morning:
    You would weight less after your workout than you did Thursday morning, but when you weigh yourself Friday morning you would probably weigh more than you did Thursday morning.

Its one the reasons I weight myself on Monday mornings, since I don't workout on Sat or Sun.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Ha! My body works backwards, then. I almost always weigh less after a workout.

Me too! lol