Help with Fat Calories

Options
mattack
mattack Posts: 137 Member
So I have been eating well for about 2.5 months now.
Problem is I can never seem to keep the fat content down.

Im currently at 1800 calories.
Usually after lunch I only have between 9-13 fat calories left leaving me basically no options for dinner.

I usually have a egg white & wheat bagel with a piece of 2% cheese for breakfast
Plain Oats for Morning snack
Turkey and avacado on wheat for lunch
Can of Tuna for afternoon snack

And then Im screwed.... anyone else have this problem? ANy suggestions on how to change up the morning to allow for more fat intake after lunch?

Replies

• sportsqueen32
    Options
    You might want to try not eating a bagel and avocado on the same day. There is a lot of fat in the avocado even though it is the good kind of fat. Try having the egg white on a whole grain english muffin. You could even eat 2 of them and they will give you less fat and calories than the bagel. I too am a sucka for avocado but I really have to limit myself to once a week, since i only get 1260 calories and 42g of fat a day. If you still find yourself hungry I have recently started making huge bowls of fruit salad and dipping in whenever I get hungry and it's also something that I can transport to work. Hope this helps.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've found that if I try to have a little C/P/F in every meal and snack (not always able) that I feel full longer, and I can plan and spread things better throughout the day. Though I'd say don't stress about one single aspect of your diet. Focus on the macro, and how you are feeling and doing. Good luck.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    The fats found in the avocado and tuna are not bad fats, so it isn't as big a deal to go over with those. The turkey is also very lean. Stay away from sat fats and trans fats!

A little fat for breakfast isn't bad, it's satiating. What is it you want for dinner that doesn't fit in the 9-13 gram range?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell your daily goal is quite low for fat. Try either reducing carbs or protein by 5%, preferably carbs, this will give you an allowance for more fat calories.
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell your daily goal is quite low for fat. Try either reducing carbs or protein by 5%, preferably carbs, this will give you an allowance for more fat calories.

Right now I am trying to stay under 40 grams of fat and 12 grams of Saturated.

I Think I am at 50% Carb 30% Protein and 20% Fat
    Im having a hard time getting to 30% Protein every day so I guess I could take 5% off of that.
    Is that what you recommend?