Weight Lifting Routines...

Options
Are there any good sites or apps out there?

I want to get into the weight room (I'm getting tired of the machines...) but don't know where to start in terms of routine.

aaaaaand I don't want to look like a total dork going in there blind. It's been a LONG time since I was comfortable in a weight room!

Replies

• trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women is good ( there is a group here and its based on the book with the same name). There are alot of people that is doing this program. I heard Stronglifts 5x5 is good too.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength is also a good one.

bodybuilding.com has lots of stuff, as does Tnation.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women is good ( there is a group here and its based on the book with the same name). There are alot of people that is doing this program. I heard Stronglifts 5x5 is good too.

Ditto this. I am a part of the NROL4W group and am on the home stretch of Stage 1. I really enjoy doing it.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I second Starting Strength.
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Are there any good sites or apps out there?

I want to get into the weight room (I'm getting tired of the machines...) but don't know where to start in terms of routine.

aaaaaand I don't want to look like a total dork going in there blind. It's been a LONG time since I was comfortable in a weight room!

Im with you. looking for some knowledge also.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options

I am also doing NROLFW and love it.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing starting strength. So far it is a great program.

I use the Jefit app to log my workouts, and it also has various routines that their users use.
  • farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options

jpfitness.com is partially moderated by Lou Schuler, the author of all the New Rules books. There are forums for each book.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Jefit....it has customizeable routines and shows examples of each exercise. You can also sync it to your online profile on Jefit.com.