Best shoes for jobs that require standing?

Options
Hello! I have had an sit down office job for 23 years. We are doing some office remodeling and my boss suggested that we raise my desk up to counter top height. I will be getting a new office chair/stool also. I'm exciting about the opportunity to stand for a good portion of the day instead of sitting.
Does anyone have suggestions on what king of shoe I should purchase? I really don't have a dress code, so tennis shoes are fine...
Thanks for your help!!! :happy:

Replies

• dddd5678
    Options
    Dansko Clogs. Nurses swear by them.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    The Reebok Zig Tech shoes are incredibly comfortable for long periods of standing/walking.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend these...wearing a pair in steel toed right now...I'm standing and posting on my phone while someone else works right now...

Wolverine-Raider-Multishox-Steel-Toe-Work-Boot-WO2419-L.jpg
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I second the dansko clogs with full heel. They are intended to fit a bit long so heel lifts while walking. The best part is while standing you can lift foot and let them breath. Love my dansko's.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    A third recommendation for Dansko Professional. Not the prettiest shoe, but super comfy. They are just about the only shoes I wear.
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    The last standing job I had required these. And a business suit most days.

versa3002512688_p2_1-0_150x296_zps4fe2a925.jpg

It was not comfortable at all. I would have loved to wear clogs or walking shoes, but it went against company dress code and "image."
  • JuliaAS
    JuliaAS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital and am on my feet ALL day, I swear by Dansko clogs. Like other folks have said, they're not the most fashionable, but my back is thankful for the arch support. The other good thing about them is that they last forever. Hope this helps!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    A good pair of walking shoes. Brooks (makers of excellent running shoes) makes a walking shoe called Addiction. I've got a pair that are three years old and still going strong.
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    dansko. spendy but last. i just replaced a pair i have had for 10yrs- almost everyday wear (nursing). you can get stylish one's too. i highly recommend. also, try have a professional fit you for them. the heel is supposed to be loose as someone else stated. they do take a while to break in, but well worth it. DO NOT buy the knock-offs.