Howdy Everyone!!!

Options
I'm new to the site and would love to have some encouragement and accountability from you guys. I go to the gym regularly 3-4x a week but my diet needs some work. I don't mind working out but I LOVE Food!!! Food excites me!! Yes, I have a problem and I know it. I can't keep certain foods in my house. I could so live off of cereal for every meal. Unfortunately, the ones I love are "bad" ones. Every morning I wake and tell myself that today will be the day but by lunchtime and even before I know it, I am putting something in mouth that I don't need. I tell myself that this one small bite won't hurt and the saga begins..... Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• Mulyk
    Mulyk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly like me. I have always worked out (ever since jr. high) and I "go hard" each time I'm in the gym. In my mind, that gives me the false impression that I can eat anything (and everything) I want afterward. I don't know why I like crappy food so much! If only I enjoyed eating fruits and veggies, I'd be a super model!
  • MissyINGa
    MissyINGa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am embarrassed to say that I have had a gym membership for almost 15 years. I see people at the gym transform themselves in a few months and I wonder "Why can't this be me?????". My husband is very fit and doesn't understand why I can't seem to achieve the results I want. I have worked with trainers int he past and saw some results but they were short term. I guess I need someone to hold my hand and encourage me daily. This journey is definitely a mental one! I'm am such an emotional eater!