biscuit freak.....

Options
HELP.... i love a biscuit (or if im honest 4) with my cup of tea!!!...how do i crack the habit and the urge of wantin a biscuit everytime i open the fridge and make a cuppa???.....also i nitpick at my kiddes dinner....im finding it quite hard to stop myself!?....xxxxx

Replies

• gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    This might sound odd...but maybe try a rice cake instead? They would have less calories/fat/sodium etc in them and maybe you could start there until you could just get to the place you enjoy your tea with nothing else :)

About the nitpicking off the kids...don't sit with them when they eat for awhile, stand or sit close by, but not right at the table with them, and tell them you need to do that for mom for awhile, to help her, and they will want to help you too, kids are super motivators- or just ask them to remind you not to pick at their food, nicely. Let them help you.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My only advice would be to not buy them if you have issues limiting yourself. Just don't have them in your house at all. Then you can't be tempted by them.

The hardest part of this has been not licking my fingers when making my son food or snacks! I don't want to have to log it. Granted it is much better manners not licking my fingers, but I understand how you feel about picking at the kiddies plates. It really just comes down to, for me, what I want more. That piece of goodness on their plate, or the taste of being fit and healthy.
  • Desiderata
    Options
    The secret to lighter biscuits is cutting out the butter and shortening, and replacing that with Neufchatel, a type of soft cheese with one third less fat than regular cream cheese, saving 60 calories and 7.5 grams of fat per biscuit.

The recipe should be online on America's Test Kitchen, Light and Healthy 2010, the years best recipes lighted up. each biscuit is 160 calories.

Hope this is a good alternative, even though biscuits arent very good to begin with :P
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Do you like banana muffins? If so you could make these and freeze them individually. Take one out the night before to have with your tea.

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
    1 tsp baking powder
    3/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1 1/3 cups ripe bananas, mashed
    1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the eggs and milk and stir in bananas, applesauce and vanilla. Stir this into the dry ingredients until just moistened. Put paper cups into muffin tin and fill each about 3/4 full. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. cook on wire rack

Makes 12.

Regarding eating off your kids plates, try to time your meal or snack at the same time. Your kids should be eating healthy as well. I think it's important to children to learn this at a very early age. We have alot of obese kids out there. Ask yourself how important is it for you to lose the weight. remind yourself before sticking your fingers in their food.

Cut up some fruit and eat that while your kids are eating.

That's all I got chicka....Christine
  • hopela
    hopela Posts: 17
    Options
    The secret to lighter biscuits is cutting out the butter and shortening, and replacing that with Neufchatel, a type of soft cheese with one third less fat than regular cream cheese, saving 60 calories and 7.5 grams of fat per biscuit.

The recipe should be online on America's Test Kitchen, Light and Healthy 2010, the years best recipes lighted up. each biscuit is 160 calories.

Hope this is a good alternative, even though biscuits arent very good to begin with :P

I think 'biscuits' here means cookies. Although now I want a buttery flaky biscuit!!
  • tubbalubs
    Options
    aaah thanks for ue reaplys...its all down to will power and i have none lol....well better day tomorra xxx