No more french fries!!

Options
I have had french fries 2 times this week....I'm not talking oven baked french fries. I'm talkin the REAL THING, like McDonald's french fries. I am making it a goal to not eat any french fries for um....one month seems realistic for now. Just wanted to tell someone so I'd be a bit more accountable. Someone hold me to this if you think about it later!! Appreciate all the support I get from MFP!! 20 pounds lost and counting.....

Replies

• kiwiraz
    kiwiraz Posts: 34
    Options
    Once you do that you'll wonder why you liked them in the first place! I didn't eat out for a month and the one day I ate out after that I thought it was disgusting. Good luck to you!
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    you can do it:)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    start making your own from home with a reliable recipe, and you'll probably never want fast food again. And what kiwiraz said... after a month or two of avoiding eating out, none of it tastes as good (or as is inexpensive, emotionally satisfying, and healthy) as good ol' fashioned home cookin'
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree wth DrBorkBork. Homemade french fries (or just cut up baked potatoes how I make them - so yummy) are SOOOO much better, cheaper and less consequential to your diet!!! :) Just follow portion sizes and keep counting your calories and you'll be fine.