Crystal light?

Options
2»

Replies

• Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I do use Mio more often. Sometimes I'll add lemon juice to my water. Lately I've been using Dasani Pineapple Coconut and after just checking the label, NO ASPARTAME! :D
  • Unique_Beauty82
    Options
    Peach Tea is the bomb...Drinking Crystal Light really help reduce the amount of soda I drink.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I love them, but hate the aspartame. I drink fuze sometimes, but it's much more expensive. I'll have to try mio.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I avoid artificial sweeteners, so I use the Crystal Light Pure sweetened with stevia.

And yes, I count it toward my water. I count water and juices 1-for-1 and count 1/2 my coffee towards my water to help make up for the caffeine.
  • linsrae1
    Options
    I don't think you should count something like this as water. If you check the ingredients, it has so much extra junk that really, you should probably drink extra water to try and get rid of it. I love some of the ideas posted in reply about real fruit in water, if you need something to change the taste. If you get rid of processed and fake ingredients you will be surprised how different your body and overall health can become! I know water can get a tad boring. However, if you look at the health benefits of eating real versus fake, to me... fresh, clean water starts to sound pretty good!
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I avoid artificial sweeteners, so I use the Crystal Light Pure sweetened with stevia.

And yes, I count it toward my water. I count water and juices 1-for-1 and count 1/2 my coffee towards my water to help make up for the caffeine.

I didn't know they made that, I'll have to try some
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I like to mixed Diet Ocean Spray Cranberry juice in water. About 1/3 juice and 2/3 water. I count the 10 calories, when I mix the juice...fill up to water bottles...and drink it over the course of a couple of days. Once I count the calories, I don't have to think about recording them again, until I do the mixing again. Maybe you could count your Crystal Light on the day that you make up a pitcher.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I usually use about half a packet when I use it (I don't like very sweet drinks) and I do count it as water. Something else I LOVE to do is slice 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime and 1 small cucumber and add it to a half gallon of water with some fresh mint. Top it with ice and you're good to go for several hours! Cucumber sounds weird but it really adds a good flavor. Plus, you don't have all the artificial stuff that's in regular drink flavor packets.
  • rob1976
    Options

They look like this...
    pure.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    No thats cheating! I'm so telling on you! I only drink pure water that has been passed the the system of jaguar and then purified with pure ice from Saturn's moon Titan. I'm so much smarter than everyone else here. I win the MFP competition!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    A caution for those who are "pre-diabetic" (which covers a large number of obese folks and almost all of the "morbidly obese"). Experiments have shown that those folks have an insulin surge (when they consume artificial sweeteners) that is very similar to that which they experience when eating sugar. Artificial sweeteners thus contribute to insulin resistance and the development of Type II diabetes.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Yes! There are so many different kinds of packet-drink flavorings out there and I love trying them. Crystal Light is one of my favorites. Make sure to log them because one packet can have anywhere from 10-30 calories! that can add up if ignored.

I know what you mean about getting bored with water. Sometimes I just want to drink something a little sweet too!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I use kool aide with stevia. Aspartame is evil and sucralose isn't much better.

lolz
  • Ncharles2013
    Options
    Try MIO
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

I don't think they do make that.. I just use the unsweetened packets and add my own stevia.. And then I use it as a base for my protein powder... AND I COUNT THIS AS WATER.. BECAUSE IT'S WATER.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to count crystal light as my water for the day? I also drink water but sometimes that gets boring.

Yes. It is flavored water. I drink about 8 cups of it a day. I just log the crystal lite itself too because that does add a a few calories.
  • rob1976
    Options
    I don't think they do make that.. I just use the unsweetened packets and add my own stevia.. And then I use it as a base for my protein powder... AND I COUNT THIS AS WATER.. BECAUSE IT'S WATER.
    I'm not inventing **** over here...
    They look like this...
    pure.jpg