Help - Anabolic diet info ???

pixietwilight
pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone done the Anabolic diet?

I have a bet going with a friend of mine and we are reaching the end in 3 weeks. I really want to win but i need to kick up the weight loss big time. I don't plan to do this after these 3 weeks. I plan to continue on my lowfat healthy normal diet afterwards because I have a long way to go and this diet has been working very well. I have a competitive drive ight now and I want to win the bet($250). I just really really want to drop like 15 more lbs in the next 2 weeks - is this possible? will it throw my other diet completely off?
FYI: I do cardio 3 times a week for 1 hour and weight train 3 times a week for 2 hours as well

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    1 lb weight loss is 3,500 calories burned. If you've got MFP set to lose 1 lb a week you're already got 2 lbs accounted for. If you want to lose an additional 13 lbs in 2 weeks that's 45,500 calories you'll have to burn or 22,750 per week. So figure out how long it would take to burn that many calories and if you can fit that amount of workout time into your schedule. This will tell you if you can lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks.

Just make sure you eat a minimum of 1,200 calories a day and at least half your workout calories to give your body fuel. Drink tons of water and continue to watch what type of food you eat. You could do it that fast, but I would definitely NOT recommend it for longer than 2 weeks.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    for someone who has already been on a reduced calorie diet, and isn't starting now, I'd say 15 lbs is very unreasonable to hope for.
  • pixietwilight
    Thanks for the info and calculations. But, there is now way I could do it on my regular diet that is why I was wondering about the anabolic diet and if anyone has done it.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    The Anabolic diet is a carb cycling diet - no carb/low carb/carb type of thing. I found info on it. Im not sure if you'll lose 15lbs in 2 weeks though.

Here's info on the diet itself:

http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet-101-the-definite-anabolic-diet-guide/
  • pixietwilight
    simona1972 Thank you
This discussion has been closed.