Good and bad news

Finally taking the plunge to lose some of the weight I have put on over the years. I have lost 10 pounds over the last 3 weeks. I decided to get my RMR tested to see where I was at regarding calorie consumption. (I like to measure things it is my scientific background) The good news is for my age group and gender I have a faster than normal metabolism, I burn 2700 calories just sitting around during the day, not including any normal activity or exercise.

The bad news is I have a higher than normal metabolism, which means it really is my fault for stuffing all of the crap in my piehole over the years. I have made changes to my diet, cutting out all soda, eating more veggies and fruit, cutting back on carbs - but not eliminating them, cutting back on meat and going for leaner meat when I do, and generally smaller portions (except veggies I let myself fill up on those as much as I want)

I have also been doing anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes of cardio a day plus weights 3 times a week.

So hopefully with all of that I can get to where I should be.

Replies

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Right on! Welcome to this place.

I'm just now starting to get back towards being on track...I've really overdone it for years.