A young 44 year old Grammie

Options
Hi, My name is MicheIle, I am the grammie to three exceptional grandkids ages 5,2,and 1. I have 4 kids ages 26, 23, 21 and 14.
I'm a hairstylist, specialized in color and color correction.

I'm about 50 pounds over weight and looking to meet like minded females or males to walk this journey of weightloss. I'm not a zealot but I am committed to a sensible lifestyle.

I would love to hear from y'all:)

Replies

• tbeach2002
    Options
    :happy: Hello, I am Wendy a 48 year old woman of two teenage boys. I am looking to lose about 40lbs and my journey is starting today.
    Would love to have someone to chat about this. And would love to help someone else stay on track too. Could be fun! I lost about 20 pounds last spring, but have managed to gain most back....argh! So starting on a journey that will hopefully be more permanent! :wink:
  • bkstg
    bkstg Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Wendy! I also lost about 25 pounds last year doing my fitness pal and water aerobics... I felt great, so great I let my guard down and gained it all back. But it was easy to lose then and I'm hoping will be just as easy this time... :)

If you don't mind I'd like to add you to my friends list. I'll try to remember how to add you:)
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, my name is also Michele :o)
    i'm almost 46 and have one 4 year old grandchild...I'd lost 50 pounds on my own and then I joined MFP in october of 2012 and since then I'm down another 35 pounds!! send me a friend request if you'd like!
  • tbeach2002
    Options
    Sounds great, I am new to the fitness pal thing. Signed up awhile back but never really did anything with it. But I plan on using it this time. Feel free to add me as a freind and I will do the same. Its so much more fun to do with other people doing the same thing.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Victoria.I'm a 44 year old Grandma as well.My Grandson is 6 and my kids are 26,24 and 7 ( yes,that's right his Aunt is 10 months older than my Grandson).I've lost 45 pounds on my own and joined 3 weeks ago to stay motivated and learn fitness tips.Feel free to add me!
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle. I am also a stylist and a Michelle. I am 42 with one adult child and one almost adult child. I joined a long while ago but really just got started losing about 2 weeks ago.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hello Michelle, I'm 45, I have 3 kids 27, 25, and 20..but no grand kids. I lost 10 lbs on my own and 58 right here on myfitnesspal :) I only have 3 lbs to my goal weight.
  • cmom91
    cmom91 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! Looking at everyone who posted tonight tells me I'm with the right crowd!..My name is Sandy and I'm 49 with 3 grandchildren. I would like to lose 50 lbs but it's so slow to lose that I give up. I'm hoping this will keep me motivated. Michele's weight loss was very impressive! Well feel free y'all to add me. I look forward to having some friends during this journey.
  • aquaventure
    Options
    I was a grandmother at 45 and I am shocked to see all of you here and knowing I was not the only one. I am now 55 and I have 2 grandsons 10 and 3. I went into being a grandmother kicking and screaming but I can't imagine my life without them. I have been on MFP for 4 weeks now and am down 6.5 lbs and 6.5 inches. I am working my butt off every day as I have a short time to turn things around and get a new lifestyle plan in place. We travel on a boat and are now in Key West until the end of March. We travel almost constantly on the boat and I finally said to my husband, pull over and dock. This is the first time we have been anywhere longer than 2 weeks in the past year. We have no car (since we live on a boat) so my mode of transportation is via bike which i use to get to exercise class and back. So far, so good and I am thrilled to begin to feel better and make changes. I have gone from all these aches and pains and never moving to exercising 1.5 hours a day and smiling about the different aches and pains. I have 24 pounds to go and really feel that I can do this. As we get closer to leaving I will transition from going to exercise class to doing my "class" on the boat with DVD's. For the first time in a long time I am feeling good. Still tired but for a good reason.
  • brigeweeks
    brigeweeks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Y'all. I'm 50 and have a 26 year old son. No grandkids yet (he has a girlfriend,but not sure if it's seriousor not). I started a month ago and am trying to add some more friends to my circle. Trying too lose 40 lbs and I'm going to do it this time, so I need all the support I can get. Everyone feel free to add me.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was a grandmother at 45 and I am shocked to see all of you here and knowing I was not the only one. I am now 55 and I have 2 grandsons 10 and 3. I went into being a grandmother kicking and screaming but I can't imagine my life without them. I have been on MFP for 4 weeks now and am down 6.5 lbs and 6.5 inches. I am working my butt off every day as I have a short time to turn things around and get a new lifestyle plan in place. We travel on a boat and are now in Key West until the end of March. We travel almost constantly on the boat and I finally said to my husband, pull over and dock. This is the first time we have been anywhere longer than 2 weeks in the past year. We have no car (since we live on a boat) so my mode of transportation is via bike which i use to get to exercise class and back. So far, so good and I am thrilled to begin to feel better and make changes. I have gone from all these aches and pains and never moving to exercising 1.5 hours a day and smiling about the different aches and pains. I have 24 pounds to go and really feel that I can do this. As we get closer to leaving I will transition from going to exercise class to doing my "class" on the boat with DVD's. For the first time in a long time I am feeling good. Still tired but for a good reason.
    That sounds exciting!
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi, another mother and grandma to one spunky girl here.
    Did MFP a year ago without loooking for much support, didn't lose much and gave it up. This time i give and receive support, changed my eating and so far am walking as exercise.
    Feel free to add me, and good luck.
  • Elainethelucky
    Options
    Hi there my name is Elaine and would be happy for me to add me to your friends. Lots of support needed and just as much given. Welcome