Replies

• mjzzz
    mjzzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    spirulina
  • Bethbr00tality
    Bethbr00tality Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been cycling through Freeda Ultramino, Trader Joe's Soy, Plant Fusion and Sunwarrior. So far, Sunwarrior is definitely my favorite. None of the others were undrinkable, but I'm definitely a fan of the Sunwarrior. I'm just finishing up the Trader Joes and starting the Plant Fusion so we'll see how it goes.
  • awj39
    awj39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP for the question--I've been wondering about this myself. I'm going to order the pumpkin seed stuff, unless someone can tell me a place I can buy it on a shelf :). GNC? Trader Joe's? Wegman's?
  • galipemi1
    galipemi1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been using Arbonne Vegan Protein powder. It's $60 for a 30 day supply, but I still have a lot of it since I usually only use 1 scoop and you can use up to 4 scoops per day. It's been about 2 months and I really like being able to supplement my protein intake since it seems so hard (and expensive) to try to get my recommended grams of protein per day, while still staying within my calorie goals.

https://arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=2069&menuId=268&withLinks=1

All of the Arbonne products are vegan certified so if you are vegan, it might be worthwhile to check out their site for other products too.

what's the nutrient profile?

I just pulled it up. It is listed as a Protein Shake Mix Meal Replacement. 3 scoops in 255ml water =
    230 cal
    20g protein
    5g fat
    0.811g Linoleic Acid
    0.128g n-3 linoleic acid
    0.5g Saturated Fatty Acid
    29g Carbohydrate
    7g Fibre
    270mg Sodium
    375mg Potassium

Vit. A 30%
    Vit. D 30%
    Vit. E 30%
    Vit. C 30%
    Thiamine 30%
    Riboflavin 30%
    Niacin 30%
    VIt. B6 30%
    Folacin 30%
    Vit. B12 30%
    Pantothenic Acid 30%
    Biotin 100%
    Calcium 33%
    Phosphorus 25%
    Magnesium 30%
    Iron 21%
    Iodide 30%
    Zinc 35%
    Copper 30%
    Manganese 60%
    Selenium 30%
    Chromium 15%
    Molybdenum 30%

INGREDIENTS: pea protein isolate, organic sugar cane, whole grain brown rice, rice syrup solids, sunflower oil, cocoa powder, chicory inulin, pea fibre, potassium citrate, sunflower lecithin, natural flavours, rice protein, cellulose fibre, potassium citrate, sugarcane fibre, flax seed, xanthan gum, gum arabic, guar gum, ferrous lactate, calcium phosphate (dibasic), magnesium oxide, beta carotene, ascorbic acid, niacinamide, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, copper gluconate, biotin, zinc oxide, manganese sulfate, retinyl palmitate, sodium molybdate, d-calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride, ergocalciferol, vitamin B2, thiamine hydrochloride, potassium iodide, chromium chloride, folate, cyanocobalamin.

This is the info on the Canadian packaging according to the Arbonne website for this formulation. There is an older formula that was just a protein powder but I can't find the packaging info.
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Here's a GREAT reference:

http://foodbabe.com/2012/12/13/the-healthiest-protein-powders-on-the-market/#more-10582

I personally, absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the RAW protein. I buy the plain kind and even use it in my baking ;-) I also recently bought the RAW meal chocolate and it's to dieeee. I only use half of one scoop, not two full ones like it says and it's great.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    PlantFusion Vanilla Bean is my favorite. a 2 lb tub is about $30 on amazon.com
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    Sun warrior. Google for nutrient info. Chocolate is really good.
  • Bethbr00tality
    Options
    I buy the plain kind and even use it in my baking

I thought it was detrimental to protein powders to be baked/cooked? I've seen multiple people say this, but I honestly have no idea.
  • christinelyn
    christinelyn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use Vega for it being 1st gluten free and vegan free. I use the chocolate performance protein and think its pretty good. Granted it taste different from whey since its plant based which I like. It is expensive but just bought 2 today on sale for 50.00 each. Is more expensive but doesn't have all the junk in it.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I need to track down this pumpkin stuff.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Alright I'm bumping this thread instead of starting another NEW thread on vegan protein powder. I'm out of my HempPro70. It's kind of expensive. I noticed that plant fusion and pea protein were at Sprouts, and were both cheaper than HempPro. if you had to pick between those two which would you get?
  • came8811
    came8811 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started a hemp and pea protein mix. It is not too bad and I feel like I have tons of energy during my run in the morning. I had to buy them seperate and do half hemp and half pea protein in the blender with some almond milk and sometimes a banana. The products I buy are on Amazon. Now Foods Pea Protein and Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein. A shake will also keep full for awhile on non-workout days because of the high amount of fiber and protein....but fairly low in calories. Also totally SOY free!!
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Sunwarrior makes great products! All vegan, their a little bland, but hey they work :P
  • bim381
    bim381 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I found it yesterday - it's amazing (doesn't taste perfect, but i don't really care about that)

Now Foods Tru-Food Vegan

The profile is the same as Vega One or Shakeology (ok Shakeology has higher amounts of vitamins) but is about $35 for a 2lb tub vs $60 for Vega One and $120 for Shakeology

Check it out.

I've used this in the past. Great alternative to Vega One!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Raw protein is soyfree and pretty cheap at Amazon. I haven't tried it though.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    truenutrition.com is my favorite place for protein powder. You an customize your own mix to suit your own personal needs/goals.

For vegan options they have non GMO soy, brown rice, gemma pea, hemp, European potato, and sacha inchi. You can choose from a whole list of flavors and additional add-ins. Highly reccomend
  • kgeldreich
    Options
    bump
  • Bethbr00tality
    Options
    I've been using the RAW Meal Energy blend lately. I rarely eat in the mornings, so I mix up the snack portion of this stuff, and the chia & flax make me feel full, while I still get a good dose of protein and not a ton of calories. The whole RAW line is awesome. I haven't had anything I didn't like.
  • christinelyn
    christinelyn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use Vega Performance in chocolate and is good. It is plant based so it does taste a bit different.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bump