Forgot to introduce myself...

Options
Hi everyone =) I forgot to introduce myself. I jumped right in to reading and replying to everyone elses intro.

i have two beautiful girls and a husband that i adore. I ve made the mistake, that so many others have, which is I have been so wrapped up in taking care of them, that I completely ignored myself the last ten years. I want to be me again. The 125lb woman who had all the confidence in the world. Who was not afraid to speak up, and stood up for herself. I want to be the woman that others adored and looked to as well. I have lost track of who I am completely, and need to rediscover myself whether it be the woman I once was, or a completely different person who I can be happy with. And its time for a change...

I have two wonderful girls that I need to set an example for. I want them to have a mom that they are proud of, who is confident, and happy with herself.

I just found out I have high cholestorol. Whats frustrating is I know what I need to do, how im suppose to do it, its just a matter of bringing myself to doing everything I need to. I ve been trying to lose weight over the last 8 years. I lose a few then gain it back, something im sure many are familiar with. Its just so frustrating!!! But what I find overwhelming now is trying to figure out what I can eat now that I have high cholestorol. The Dr's are quick to tell you what you cant have that you feel like all you can have from now on is a carrot stick and a glass of water for the rest of your life.

Which is why im here. I need to be me again. I need to get it together and with support, and encouragement I know I can get there. I need all the help I can get friends, and I want to offer my support as well.

Im just glad that I found a place full of people who are embarking on the same journey, who I can relate to, and not feel so alone...

Lets do this =)

Replies

• balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Welcome, my friend!! You will find lots of support here. Tracking food, learning about portion sizes, and sharing with friends who have common goals makes all the difference.:drinker:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome! You can do it! :bigsmile:
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great tool to use in learning how to be healthier. You'll find a lot of information and support here. Good luck to you! :)