How do I make the snow melt faster?! HELP!!

Options
The snow is nice and all around Christmas time, but now I want to start the C25K program and the sidewalks and trails are covered in ice and snow and mud and slush, so I am not here for this crap anymore. I broke my leg playing tag on wet grass when I was 9, so I really don't like running on wet surfaces. The treadmill at the gym is OK but I really want to be outside where it's bright and sunny.

How do I make the snow go away faster? I know that a big part of every WLJ is to learn patience, but I really need to lose this snow before my birthday in a few months!! And I need for it to STAY gone! How do I do it?!?! :frown:

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Increase carbon emissions to such a level that it permanently changes the temperature, hopefully into the plus digits... but that might not be a good thing lol.

I wish it were all gone too, seems like we had a ton of hot and cold days one after the other creating enormous amounts of ice and slush. I fractured my ankle in two places on the ice back in November and am still healing up so I feel you on the not wanting to run on slippery surfaces.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Increase carbon emissions to such a level that it permanently changes the temperature, hopefully into the plus digits... but that might not be a good thing lol.

Do you have any recommendations of how to do this on a large scale? I think everyone who lives in cold places would benefit from this type of climate change :smile:

A fractured ankle sounds really painful, I hope you heal up good and quick! :flowerforyou:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If the burn off plants were located in the city and we all drove our own cars it would become a large scale but we may need more than that... how can we coordinate this?

It's healing pretty well, after 3 months and some physio it still hurts a bit but I think in a month or so I should be clear for running again.
  • Natihilator
    Options
    I don't know, but we better plan a meeting to discuss it if this keeps up :smile:

Glad to hear it, can't wait to run with you!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    if they didn't take CFC's out of spray paint I think I could help you out.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I used Yax Trax last winter. They helped me train for a 5k in the middle of winter. :) You can buy them on Amazon. Breaking your leg doesn't sound like fun, though, so if you do go that route, you might take it easy until you feel comfortable with them.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    The snow is nice and all around Christmas time, but now I want to start the C25K program and the sidewalks and trails are covered in ice and snow and mud and slush, so I am not here for this crap anymore. I broke my leg playing tag on wet grass when I was 9, so I really don't like running on wet surfaces. The treadmill at the gym is OK but I really want to be outside where it's bright and sunny.

How do I make the snow go away faster? I know that a big part of every WLJ is to learn patience, but I really need to lose this snow before my birthday in a few months!! And I need for it to STAY gone! How do I do it?!?! :frown:

What is snow? Why is it a problem? You might do what I did. Move to S. Calif.... No snow....heck hardly any rain. I ride my bicycle 320 days a year.
  • Natihilator
    Options
    if they didn't take CFC's out of spray paint I think I could help you out.

Not sure what CFC's are, are they also found in aerosol hairspray? Because my grandma still has a few cans lying around, worth a shot right?!
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Do what my neighbor did to his icy driveway....

Blowtorch.
  • Natihilator
    Options
    I used Yax Trax last winter. They helped me train for a 5k in the middle of winter. :) You can buy them on Amazon. Breaking your leg doesn't sound like fun, though, so if you do go that route, you might take it easy until you feel comfortable with them.

Bless you for this helpful answer :flowerforyou:

Yax trax may help but my shoes and legs will still probably get all cold and wet from the back splash, yuck.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would suggest using a propane weed burner.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I have never seen snow :huh:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Salt
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Leave the front door open - that will apparently heat the whole outdoors.

At least that's what I yell at the kids... :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Baby dragon. Get you one

game-of-thrones-dragon.jpg
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your accident when you were 9. If you really hate the treadmill, try getting fitted for some nice trail shoes and making another attempt to go outside!

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    moving south like mexico
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Baby dragon. Get you one

just about the cutest post i have seen on this site. lovely
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Baby dragon. Get you one

just about the cutest post i have seen on this site. lovely

just typical me being me. i'm all sunshine and rainbows
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You're asking the wrong question. Ask how the snow can work to your benefit. And the answer to that question...

SNOWSHOES. That **** is no joke and will definitely work as a good start to your training schedule.