Can playing with shapes ruin a relationship?

Options
Cameron_1969
Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
My child occasionally plays with shaped blocks with his friends. He's clearly much smarter than the other kids, but when I point this out to their parents, the parents seem to get upset.

Thoughts?

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I think parents should talk to their kids at an early age about the risks of playing with shapes.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It depends...

If he was throwing the blocks at said friends, the answer is yellow.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Just so I understand correctly, are you pointing out that your child is smarter than theirs?
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    just break up.

oh, wrong thread.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    BAHAHA! Just feel safe in the fact that your kid is a block genius!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just so I understand correctly, are you pointing out that your child is smarter than theirs?

You must always point out when your child is smarter, better, etc. than anyone elses. I think that is in the Parent Handbook. Come on, really you didn't know that?! :wink:
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Parents don't like when it is insinuated that another child is smarter than their own. Plus, just because one child does something at a different pace than another does not make them smarter or dumber, just saying.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Your kid is probably evolving at an alarming rate - this has been linked to several social disorders through high school., such as nerdism and joiningthebandisms. Throughout college he may be shunned, but still may get a few asian girlfriends until he graduates and becomes a successful computer hacker for the group "anonymous" - where he will meet an outgoing brunette named Michella, who is half Italian. Convincing him to move back with her to italy into her pentagon shaped house, he leaves you in tears as you realize he has grown up. Now he is living in a shape, so i guess indirectly the shape of you sons future house has allowed him to make a lasting relationship with a hot Italian woman and is part of a strong resistance group bent on change for future generations.

In conclusion no, they do not.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Make sure that all children understand that no one is better than anyone else. Don't hurt anyone's feelings--always blow smoke. Give trophies for participation; no one should ever win. Pay kids to behave at school. Hell, pay 'em to show up to school. Abolish valedictorians.

Oh wait. We already did that. That's why all these special snowflakes make up the 99%.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, just so we're clear, this is all a euphemism for what was really going on, right?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    All I can think about is George Carlin's skit on kids....
  • ThustonHowell
    Options
    I imagine the scene went like this:

You (on pedal stool) - "Have you had your child tested for a learning disability?"

You (hopping off stool and chasing) - "What do you mean you have to go?"

You open laptop, write criticizing post.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    re-evaluate when you get to Legos. let it be for now.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Your kid is probably evolving at an alarming rate - this has been linked to several social disorders through high school., such as nerdism and joiningthebandisms. Throughout college he may be shunned, but still may get a few asian girlfriends until he graduates and becomes a successful computer hacker for the group "anonymous" - where he will meet an outgoing brunette named Michella, who is half Italian. Convincing him to move back with her to italy into her pentagon shaped house, he leaves you in tears as you realize he has grown up. Now he is living in a shape, so i guess indirectly the shape of you sons future house has allowed him to make a lasting relationship with a hot Italian woman and is part of a strong resistance group bent on change for future generations.

In conclusion no, they do not.

Ok. .well. . as long as he's willing to fly me to italy to stay in his pentagon, then I'm good. .and don't really care that all the other parents hate me. . .
  • _Xtine
    _Xtine Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like shapes. And colors. Colors make me happy.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

You must always point out when your child is smarter, better, etc. than anyone elses. I think that is in the Parent Handbook. Come on, really you didn't know that?! :wink:

It is in the handbook. Page 57 actually. There's a whole chapter about how to set your child up on a pedestal and knock all the other kids off at the same time. Followed by an excellent section on how to coach from the bleachers.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Just tell them your kid is going to be the next cast member of the big bang theory. They'll probably like you again.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I imagine the scene went like this:

You (on pedal stool) - "Have you had your child tested for a learning disability?"

You (hopping off stool and chasing) - "What do you mean you have to go?"

You open laptop, write criticizing post.

pedestal.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't have children and therefore this thread isn't fair because I can't contribute.