HRM watch?

meganwojo
meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I am kind of annoyed. I bought the Women's Sportline Solo 915 HRM Watch for $50 and it came today. I walked roughly 3.5 mph pushing my son in his stroller for an hour. The calorie counter said that I burned 800 calories?!..theres no way thats close to accurate... I RUN on the treadmill sometimes and i only burn 600. Does anyone know how off this hrm watch is? The whole reason I bought this was for my cals burned! My heart rate reads and seems very accurate so I know the watch is getting the ECG signal. UGHH!

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    I have trouble too, I bought a watch, most likely the same one or very close(same price), I wear it daily but it seems way off alot of times, I certainly didn't walk 2000+ steps around my house in a few hours while mostly watching tv, and I put it down to it's LEAST sensitive setting, and still the same issue.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    the polar HRM are the best that you can buy
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    did you input your height, weight, age, female, target HR and all that?

I keep mine set to track percent of max, not actual rate, and only count the calories "in zone", meaning the calories burned while at 65-85% of my max HR.
    An hour "in zone" for me is about 350 calories burned. But I am only 5'2", 125, 33 years old..
    It all figures in somehow.

Maybe your chest strap slipped out of place of something?
  • kurtybee
    kurtybee Posts: 17
    You need to get the watch and chest strap. If you just buy the HRM watch without the strap it is not accurate at all.
  • robin52077

I have the polar F4, love it.

And a chest strap is a must for accuracy. I never tried one without it, but I heard great things about this one so I took the advice and am SO glad I did.

Now I just need a pedo that counts my steps right!!!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member

I have the polar F4, love it.

And a chest strap is a must for accuracy. I never tried one without it, but I heard great things about this one so I took the advice and am SO glad I did.

Now I just need a pedo that counts my steps right!!!
    I recently bought the Polar F6 and love it! I agree...you need to have the chest strap to get the most accurate reading. :-)
  • meganwojo
    i think i figured it out! I am supposed to update my HR every few minutes for accuracy of the calories burned. The watch has been calculating my calories as my heart rate being 170 the whole time when it was 116 and 120 at times during my walk! Thanks guys! If this doesn't work, Ill probably return it and look into the Polar!
  • robin52077
    thats why the chest strap is best, it "updates" itself with every beat of your heart! if it goes up, the rate at which calories are burned goes up, if it goes down, well, you get the idea....
    :)
    SO you'll have to touch the thing or push the button or whatever you have to do , like every 2 minutes at the LEAST for it to be even remotely accurate.

:(
  • meganwojo
    thats why the chest strap is best, it "updates" itself with every beat of your heart! if it goes up, the rate at which calories are burned goes up, if it goes down, well, you get the idea....
    :)
    SO you'll have to touch the thing or push the button or whatever you have to do , like every 2 minutes at the LEAST for it to be even remotely accurate.

:(

haha i know! Its gonna be frustrating and hard to remember to do. Ill most likely upgrade to the polar once NYS decides to give us our tax credit back haha!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Get the polar F7. It comes with the adjustable chest strap and interchangeable battery. I have it and love it!
This discussion has been closed.