POLE DANCE CALORIE BURN?

Options
I have pole dance for the first time since I joined this site tonight. I'm just wondering how you'd log it in the exercise and if anyone knows how many calories it burns. I weight 202 if that helps.

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I used to log it by the individual components of a class. I'd say Pilates/gymnastics/dance, but that really didn't come close to accurate.

Now I log it as a custom exercise. I used my HRM in class on Sunday and my total was 760. It was a two hour class and I am 5'4", about 140 pounds. I am going to continue to use my HRM in upcoming classes so i can get a good average. This last class was during "pole week," so we did a lot of strength moves and less cardio/dancing.

It will also vary depending on your skill level. Beginner classes are, naturally, not as intense as upper level classes. Hope this helps!
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    thank you... I love the class so i logged it as dance. HRM and calorie counter is on its way so next week i hope to know for sure.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I love my pole dancing class, too! It's one of the few exercises I never dread because it's just so much fun. I've been known to pick up extra classes during the week if I have a free evening. It's hard work, but it gets results. A year ago I couldn't do three pushups without thinking I was going to die. Last night I did 20! You will also build ab strength you never dreamed possible. I'm currently doing the 30DS (like everyone else here) and I find her ab workout laughable - hasn't made me sore even once! :)