Relevant to a Certain Group

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    That would be really sad.

I was here for almost four years before there was a Moderator "Staff" persay.....Mike used to try to do it all by himself....and it was chaos, but fun. If they made a "Lounge" Section that didn't show up in the General Forums list, but that you had to actually search for, that may be a reasonable compromise. But to do away with Chit Chat is really sad. That may be why there are so many threads locked with that "select group of users" rule (?) - to forewarn us...:sad:
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    cHSqp_zps10a98386.gif
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    DDv1J.gif
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    This is obvious, yes?

Well, it should be obvious to the mods because they're the ones who can see the reports. Like, I moderate a private group here. I can see who is reporting and the reason they're reporting.

Exactly. If the same one person is reporting the same 10 people every day, someone should get the hint.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I had an impassioned argument with you, Patti, on another thread. We disagreed BIG TIME. You felt very strongly that you were right, and I felt very strongly that I was right.

And we each said our piece, and it was okay. I was irritated and maybe you were too. And since this is a website for adults and adults know that sometimes people disagree or get irritated or have a bad day, neither us of cried ourselves to sleep that night.

You are very spot-on here; hear, hear, and cheers.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    People don't report each other for the sake of the site.

They report each other because they have an axe to grind.

This is obvious, yes?

Butthurt with an axe? I know, it sounds painful, it really is.
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    476019.gif]
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-you-re-awesome-e62b07.jpg
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    super-happy-men.gif
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    This is obvious, yes?

Well, it should be obvious to the mods because they're the ones who can see the reports. Like, I moderate a private group here. I can see who is reporting and the reason they're reporting.

Exactly. If the same one person is reporting the same 10 people every day, someone should get the hint.

That only works if someone has a clue.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    super-happy-men.gif

hahahaha
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    really fantastic post.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    prince-william-2-440_zps8843a592.gif
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Great post!

1KeP0.gif
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I had an impassioned argument with you, Patti, on another thread. We disagreed BIG TIME. You felt very strongly that you were right, and I felt very strongly that I was right.

That doesn't sound like me at all! :wink:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mb51d3tVLV1rqzcv2.gif
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    1155825236.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Some people just need to go back to their bubbles they live in and stay off the internet...or just keep it to shopping. I'm always amazed by what actually offends people. It's like they've never left their house before or something.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/867622-skinny-and-flat-chested-or-heavier-with-boobs

If I was a dude, I'd go there and throw a fit. But I'm not. Any takers?
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Some people just need to go back to their bubbles they live in and stay off the internet...or just keep it to shopping. I'm always amazed by what actually offends people. It's like they've never left their house before or something.

Maybe some never have. And that's okay. I'm not saying being offended by something is wrong. It's how you deal with it. For example, I totally respect and understand that some people get offended by Christians talking about God. I get that. That's a very personal thing and some people don't believe for some very real reasons. But, if you go into a thread that you know is going to be about God just to get it locked/deleted, then that I disagree with.

I can also understand some people being offended by pics of women's breasts, men's v's, or thong shots. And that's okay. But, don't go into one of those threads and get all righteously indignant and start reporting or telling people they have issues. Just don't.