Skinny Sat Challenge (5)

Options
:heart: Would you like to join us for a Skinny Saturday Challenge? Many of us get sidetracked on the weekends and get off track. I weigh in on Sundays and this challenge keeps me in focus during the weekends...the most challenging days for me! :ohwell:
Here's is what the challenge involves...double your exercise, double your water intake (in a reasonable amount), and double the self-control so you STOP eating after dinner. You must log every calorie that crosses your lips! Let us know if you are in, then check in tomorrow and report on how you are doing.....Double, double, double........I am in! Are you?:flowerforyou: :happy:

Replies

• RebekahEdna
    Options
    i've just got the use of my back back so im not exercising this week, but i totally want to do this. its an awesome idea!
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am ALL IN!!! After today, this challange will be a great re-motivator!!!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as the weekends are brutal, and hard to stay on track., this will keep me motivated
  • Wannalose60
    Wannalose60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to be accountable.

I will double my resolve and my water and throw in a bunch of house work.

I will also double my walking distance.

Thanks!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome cookie, 8racefan & Rebekah! Weekends can be quite a challenge....believe me, they are less of a challenge with the Skinny Sat. Challenge. IT IS ON! See you here tomorrow...let us know how you are doing! Have a great Sat. :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    I definitely want to be accountable.

I will double my resolve and my water and throw in a bunch of house work.

I will also double my walking distance.

Thanks!

Yeah wannalose80! That is determination with a capital D! Check back in to report your success! Have an awesome weekend!:bigsmile:
  • eixarchquera
    Options
    I'll try. I doubled my exercice today.
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    I'll try. I doubled my exercice today.

I hear committment with a capital C! Burn up some extra cals and get lots of water in. Turn off the lights after dinner and step away from the kitchen. You can do this!:wink:
  • ashley_alm
    ashley_alm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    count me in!! :happy:
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    Count me in! This weekend will be especially tough because I have a confirmation/congratulations party to go to and it is a meal. I have no idea what they will be serving! portions, portions, portions, huh? On the weekends I try to do an hour a day, this weekend I will try for two hours a day!

Thanks for the motivation, by the way.
  • nettagordon
    Options
    Count me in !!:wink:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    [...]double the self-control so you STOP eating after dinner. [...]
    I'm SO in! I haven't eaten in... oh... 3.5 hours, cause it's after dinner, and I have no calories left. I'm hungry now, but I'm NOT letting the stomach win! I don't like to eat this late. Bedtime soon.

Speaking of self-control, I've made a commitment to eat more mindfully, so I only eat when I'm sitting down and focused on what I'm eating now. Well a few days ago, I was about to put a spoonful of food in my mouth, but I wasn't sitting down, and was about to go do something else. I was literally standing with the spoon halfway in my mouth for a good 3 seconds before resisting!! I was really proud of myself. :smooched:
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    I'm in, I love a challenge:bigsmile:
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am in. Had to postpone picture due to no money ( my car had to go to the shop) and my eyes have been red from my lovely allergic. But I look at it this way Its just that much more time for to look even better for them. I am pretty good on water intake and working out to. I seem to do about an hour every day well 6 days a week but eating after supper is my downfall. I love a late night snack and even more I love staying up late probably why I like a late night snack. Guess if i went to bed earlier it would help lol but I also like some time alone with my hubby so that mean staying up late. Well I have talked long enough time for some hubby time.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Alright, I'm in. :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I'm back!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Well... it's Saturday and absolutely gorgeous here!!! I've had a great week... 30 miles on the Elliptical!!! I will probably take a walk today but I've already worked out 5 days this week. Have a great day everyone.... I'll be checking in later on :smokin:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Working out steadily is the hardest thing for me to keep up. Instead of doing double time, I'm going to commit to actually DOING IT!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    [...]double the self-control so you STOP eating after dinner. [...]
    I'm SO in! I haven't eaten in... oh... 3.5 hours, cause it's after dinner, and I have no calories left. I'm hungry now, but I'm NOT letting the stomach win! I don't like to eat this late. Bedtime soon.

Speaking of self-control, I've made a commitment to eat more mindfully, so I only eat when I'm sitting down and focused on what I'm eating now. Well a few days ago, I was about to put a spoonful of food in my mouth, but I wasn't sitting down, and was about to go do something else. I was literally standing with the spoon halfway in my mouth for a good 3 seconds before resisting!! I was really proud of myself. :smooched:

I can so relate to that mindless eating. When you stop that and have success a few times, it becomes easier. Hang in there. It is like any other habit....definitely breakable! Just takes willpower. You've got it! Have a "Skinny Saturday!":wink:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Welcome aboard everyone! Eat a healthy breakfast and burn some calories! Have a great day! Looking forward to hearing about your success tonight! :drinker: