Down 70 Success Story - Pics on my page and profile picture

Options
I took the after pictures from my 70 pound weight loss and shocked even myself with the differences!! Check out the photos on my profile page also.

Here is where I started:
Weight: 216
Height:5'4.5"
BMI: 36.5
Pants Size: 18/20
Shirt Size: Tight XL
Overall Feelings: CRAPTASTIC - Depression, Lethargy, Apathy, No Zest for Life

Here is where I am now after 2 years:
Weight: 144
BMI: 24.5
Pants Size: 6/8
Shirt Size: Medium or Small
Overall Feelings: AMAZING - Energy, Love my Life, Depression is Nonexistent

Diets I've Tried: calorie counting, low fat, vegetarian, vegan, low carb, paleo, Atkins, and combinations of these. I have been up an down the scale a bit during my 2 year journey, but after finding low carb dieting, it was only down from there for the last 8 months. I lost the last 37 pounds and reached a normal BMI range following a ketogenic diet (aka Low Carb, High Fat, Real Food Diet). I am very passionate about this type of diet working for others as well. Especially for folks with a lot of weight to lose and evidence of sugar addiction and insulin resistance.

My favorite online resources for diet information:
www.authoritynutrition.com
www.dietdoctor.com

Words of wisdom for others: If something doesn't work for your body or health, change it up, Keep an open mind, and research, research, research. Ignorance about your health is not bliss, its just foolish. I'd love to help others along their journey - feel free to add me as a friend.

XO Linda

Replies

• peggy822
    peggy822 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Linda! I am also 5'4 so I can get an idea of what I will look like! Down 50 so far but still have another 40 or so to go. Thanks for the inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!