In need of Prayer

Options
Hello,
I posted a few wks ago that I lost my laptop. I only get online when I'm at work and have a spare moment. Someone suggested I use the pc's at the library (well I don't live up in Paris) I'm not going to waste gas driving into town everyday. I'm maintaining & keeping up with a written record. But thanks for those who commented back.

Yesterday evening my Sally Ann (our little baby girl pug) was hit and killed.....I am hurting so bad I feel as if I shouldn't even be breathing. She wasn't there on her little stool this morning to watch me put on my makeup.............. I'm lost, sorry I just had to put in in words I guess. Instead of over eating, I've no appetite at all........... suggestions??? The only thing that has brought me comfort was my dear husband & family gathering round me last night for support & love. ....now today, coffee is the only thing keeping me going.
Thanks to all of my MFP friends that stay in touch with me, it doesn't matter we've not met.....you mean a lot to me. If you pray please send up one for me....... I need some relief
Bren

Replies

• brendab
    brendab Posts: 78
    Options
    Hello,
    I posted a few wks ago that I lost my laptop. I only get online when I'm at work and have a spare moment. Someone suggested I use the pc's at the library (well I don't live up in Paris) I'm not going to waste gas driving into town everyday. I'm maintaining & keeping up with a written record. But thanks for those who commented back.

Yesterday evening my Sally Ann (our little baby girl pug) was hit and killed.....I am hurting so bad I feel as if I shouldn't even be breathing. She wasn't there on her little stool this morning to watch me put on my makeup.............. I'm lost, sorry I just had to put in in words I guess. Instead of over eating, I've no appetite at all........... suggestions??? The only thing that has brought me comfort was my dear husband & family gathering round me last night for support & love. ....now today, coffee is the only thing keeping me going.
    Thanks to all of my MFP friends that stay in touch with me, it doesn't matter we've not met.....you mean a lot to me. If you pray please send up one for me....... I need some relief
    Bren
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    The Rainbow Bridge poem always helps me:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Sorry about your pug.
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Oh I am so sorry for your loss, that is just so sad. I know that our pets become part of our families and it is so hard to lose them. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Dawn
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Your in my prayers...and I understand the grief of loosing a pet you love so dearly. My two cats of 14yrs of age both died within a month of each other last year. And I understand how painful it is to where you can't breath. I thought I would die. I can only pray for you and say to pray for God's comfort and strength for yourself as well.:heart:
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for you loss. But just know she is still always there with you!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    You have my deepest sympathy...I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I had a beagle named Bonnie for 15 years, I grew up with her. She finally died about a year ago and I still miss her:brokenheart:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    sorry about your pug as well. Mary that was a very good poem and one I could have used many times over the years to help me along as well.

I very much know the loss of a pet and can relate to the sadness and loss it makes in the family as I've had that happen several times in our family over the years. We lived in Europe for a long time and had a pet that traveled along with us through thick and thin. No matter where we settled she took up residence as a family member without our having to worry that she would run away and go back to the last place we lived. That lasted for over 15 years and we lost her to a bad case of diabetes and I know how devastated we all felt about her passing.

This was repeated again last year when a replacement pet went through the same thing and we are alone with her sister whom we pay very close attention to.

Hang in there time heals all wounds, or so they say, but as I sit here and write this I feel the loss of each of those pets once again. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Sorry for the loss of your beloved pug.

Prayers & Peace -
    :flowerforyou:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    So sorry... :flowerforyou:
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I started tearing up ready rainbow bridge and had to stop and I couldn't read the rest of the replies. Please just know that we are all thinking of you and your family.
    Sometimes people think that it shouldn't affect you too deeply because it was just an animal. This was a family member that you lost.
    Allow yourself the time you need to greive.
    Charlene :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I'm sorry about your loss. I truly know the feeling. Loosing a pet is truly like loosing a member of the family, I don't care what anyone says. People dont' know until it happens to them.

Keep up your good work and you'll get through.

Take care.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I just said a little prayer for you, brendab. The poem that Mary posted is awesome, isn't it? It comforted me too when I lost my wheaten terrier puppy that we rescued from a puppymill. Just keep reading it over and over and you will find solace in it. I know it is hard to eat when you are stressed, I get that way too. But try something because it will make you feel better and help you cope physically and mentally from this sadness. Peace be with you.:flowerforyou:
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I am sending you hugs...
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to
    someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There
    are meadows and hills for all of our special friends
    so they can run and play together. there is plenty of
    food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and
    comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored
    to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are
    made whole and strong again, just as we remember them
    in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals
    are happy and content, except for one small thing;
    they each miss someone very special to them, who had
    to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when
    one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His
    bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
    Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over
    the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and
    faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special
    friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous
    reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses
    rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
    beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting
    eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but
    never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together......

Author unknown..
  • brendab
    brendab Posts: 78
    Options
    Hello,

Bren

Where do I start to thank all of you..................
    there's no place.....it's been a week today, but really still an
    eternity we miss her so very much.......all the little things ya know?
    I got online for a min. here at work so I could send a note of thanks.
    We will be getting our laptop back later today or tomorrow....although
    I've been careful, I've not lost or gained since our crash 3 wks ago.
    I'll be starting over tomorrow, I can't give up now. THANKS TO ALL
    OF YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS ...IT MEANS A LOT TO ME.
    LOVE TO EACH & ALL
    BRENDAB