If your gonna spew, spew into this

Options
For those of you who use to get nauseous after your workout, what type of things did you do to overcome it? I eat an hour before, drink water during and drink my "recovery shake" (greek yogurt, non fat milk, no sugar added blueberries/strawberries, banana and orange juice) right after my workout. I try to eat about an hour later but it takes me forever to finish because I'm still so queazy. It has gotten so bad I have to carry a puke bowl around with me for a good 2 hours after my workout. I want to continue to push myself but I hate being so sick afterwards. I'm doing the modified 30DS so its not like I'm working out for hours and hours. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Best topic title EVER!!!!

Sorry, don't have any advice, but wanted to give props.:laugh:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Are you able to eat before your workout. You don't have to eat after
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Love the Waynes World quote!
  • 5auce
    5auce Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are you able to eat before your workout. You don't have to eat after

I'm a morning person so I do my workout after breakfast and before lunch. Usually finish around 10am. I've tried not having my smoothie right after but I find I'm even sicker and much much more sore the next day.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I have never experienced this but I don't think I work out as hard/intense as most others.
    I hope you find a solution! :flowerforyou:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Protein, potassium. Those can help a lot pre-workout. Peanut butter and a banana is what I use when I can afford it. Something small and not overwhelming.

Also, I love you for the the thread title. :love:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Gonna agree with everyone else here: awesome thread title.

I used to deal with this myself. I found the best defense was a protein bar before lifts, and a shake to drive off my post lift hunger spike. The latter I do because solid food soon after a lifting session makes me even more ill than if I had eaten nothing at all.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have friends that do IF and workout during their fasting hours. It seems to work for them.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I eat candy right after a workout if I'm feeling nauseous. LIke, a couple Hershey kisses or a soft caramels or something. That sugar seems to take care of the nausea right away. I'm not diabetic but I assume that might mean it's a blood sugar thing for me. Might be something to try?
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!
    I use to feel this way when I first started out. I believe it was just all the effort I was newly exerting. After that I found out I had GERD which I combat with taking an anti acid when I wake up and not eating pre workout. ( Only an hour from waking) Lately its been because I've been consuming to much water during my workouts. Good luck on finding what works best for you.
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Try not eating at all before and/or after. Just because people say you should doesn't mean it's right for you. Listen to your body. If you're nauseated, don't eat. Simple.
  • 5auce
    5auce Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I tried not eating before my workout today and I'm happy to report....no barfy feeling! I also noticed i didn't need as much water during. I didn't feel as strong or have as much stamina but I'm pretty sure thats all mental. Thanks again everyone!
  • justmerach
    Options
    Good to hear no barfy feeling today! I was just going to say I can't eat before my workouts either.