Help with my foods, I am relatively new...

Hi Guys: I have set my diary so others can look at it. Can someone who's had good success take a look at it and tell me if I am on the right track and /or where I can make improvements. Just don't freak on me for my disastrous Friday last week. I just started and lost a pound last week. I am open to any and all suggestions as long as they are constructive. Thanks all I appreciate all the help I can get.

Terri

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Hi Terri! We will forgive you for last Friday, LOL. In all seriousness, disaster days happen. pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on...just like you've done. I took a peek and the biggest problem I see is you are leaving many calories on the table at the end of the day. Starving yourself will do nothing but hurt your progress in the end. You won't be getting the nutrients you need, it can send you into a plateau, and most of all, if you can eat more and STILL lose weight, why wouldn't you? If your goal is 1800 calories, come as close as you can to that amount. Don't fool yourself into thinking that less is better. Eating 1700 instead of 1800 is one thing but don't leave hundreds of calories on the table if you don't have to.

Great start and I wish you much success!
  • Terri8983
    Terri8983 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for your insight....but the system assigned me 1370 calories a day and so I was eating close to that around 1200 . So am I supposed to eat the additional ones I exercise off everyday too? During the day I don't feel starving but at night after 8 pm I am craving sugar badly. So I guess if I eat more I will avoid this then? Any other tricks you can suggest?