super judgemental cashiers

Options
rockangel8907
rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
Whenever I buy alcohol I get super judgemental looks from the cashier's and equally judgemental comments....ranging from a "I won't sell to a minor" before even looking at my Id (I'm 24) to comments that I better have my Id ready. I've even had cashier's call managers over to verify my Id is real....my Id pic is very much unmistakably me. I'm not even buying large amounts of alcohol, just a bottle of wine or a 6 pack of beer....no carts full of tequila, jager, condoms and whipped cream. And this isn't a once in a while thing, it is every time wherever I go.
Anyone else get dirty looks when buying alcohol?

ETA: I have zero problem with being id'd....I have my Id out and ready. I just do not like the snide comments and dirty looks and attitude that comes with. Ask me nicely that's all I ask.

Replies

• DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I love when I get carded. I'm turning 33 next month, and it's rare now. Enjoy it while you can.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If we get caught selling to someone who is underage, has an expired license or has a fake license, it's an automatic $500 fine from the state and more then likely, being fired.

I have people curse at me that they're *insert age* when I ask ID. If they don't have one, I sell it to them and there's an ATF agent outside, I'M at fault.

It's not personal, we're protecting our jobs. That's why we have signs say ANYONE UNDER 40 needs an ID.
  • rockangel8907
    Options
    I'm a bartender, I know the importance of Id'ing...I always Id, I don't say it in a b!tchy way tho. I always have my I'd out and ready and still get snapped at. I'd just like to buy a bottle of wine without getting dirty looks. I have no problem at all with getting Id'd....I just don't need the attitude. Ask nicely is all I'm asking.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Normally people just ask if I'm having a party. I say yes, it's my intervention. Ring my **** up!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Normally people just ask if I'm having a party. I say yes, it's my intervention. Ring my **** up!

Ha! At that point I'd give 10% off if I'm invited .
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    only if im ther wen the store opens at 9 am (kidding)
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    only if im ther wen the store opens at 9 am (kidding)

We open at 6am and I have people walking in buying beer and liquor at that time.

I sell it to them and tell them to have a nice day.

I don't give a fvck what their vice is.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I got my ID in September 2011, and I turned 21 last summer; I can't afford to go to the DMV to get a new one yet, and it's still valid for like ten years. Plus I'm moving in six months, anyway. However, Florida issues portrait-orientation IDs to individuals under 21 and landscape-orientation IDs to individuals over 21, so whenever I show my ID they have to take a minute to read the little "UNDER 21 UNTIL XX/XX/2012" bar and realize that date has passed. I've never run into a problem with it, just double-takes. Now that it's no longer 2012, they're a little quicker to realize I'm of age.

I've never had b*tchy cashiers like you, though, OP. :| Sorry to hear about your bad experiences? Maybe it's time to start buying your adult beverages somewhere else where the cashier is less of a c*nt.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I hate the cashiers too. Why do they feel compelled to make any comment?

I buy a ton of fresh meat and they make a comment...

I by a ton of veggies and they make a comment.

I buy 4 bottles of wine adn they make a comment.

Mind your own friggin' business and put my stuff in a bag.

Done and nuff said!
  • rockangel8907
    Options
    I got my ID in September 2011, and I turned 21 last summer; I can't afford to go to the DMV to get a new one yet, and it's still valid for like ten years. Plus I'm moving in six months, anyway. However, Florida issues portrait-orientation IDs to individuals under 21 and landscape-orientation IDs to individuals over 21, so whenever I show my ID they have to take a minute to read the little "UNDER 21 UNTIL XX/XX/2012" bar and realize that date has passed. I've never run into a problem with it, just double-takes. Now that it's no longer 2012, they're a little quicker to realize I'm of age.

I've never had b*tchy cashiers like you, though, OP. :| Sorry to hear about your bad experiences? Maybe it's time to start buying your adult beverages somewhere else where the cashier is less of a c*nt.
    Sadly this is over multiple different towns and diff stores...Walmart, Target, hyvee, liquor stores...I'm always friendly so its not a reflection of me.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Sadly this is over multiple different towns and diff stores...Walmart, Target, hyvee, liquor stores...I'm always friendly so its not a reflection of me.

If I worked at one of those places, I'd probably be a b!tch too. At least at my job I can tell people to *kitten* off if I want.