question?

Options
so this is my first week ever eating right, counting my calories... I am doing quit good anyways I wanted to ask u guys.... Do any of you Drink Sleeping pills every Night, Just so you won't think about food & fight the hunger... I noticed I have been doing it every night just so I won't think of Food... and have a normal eating habit? do any of u went through this?

Replies

• judy_s
    judy_s Posts: 2
    Options
    I have never had to do that, and it would concern me a little. It doesn't sound like a healthy habit to make. Maybe you should cut down on your food portions a bit slower?
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I take a sleeping pill every night, but it has nothing to do with food. I'm just a horrible sleeper, lol.
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    so this is my first week ever eating right, counting my calories... I am doing quit good anyways I wanted to ask u guys.... Do any of you Drink Sleeping pills every Night, Just so you won't think about food & fight the hunger... I noticed I have been doing it every night just so I won't think of Food... and have a normal eating habit? do any of u went through this?

wow u've lost 2 pounds already!!!!?!? congrats anyways i think u need to stop the pill taking its not healthy... see a doc... and also there are other things u can do to suppress ur hunger... eg.. watch tv, lplay a game, talk on the phone. etc
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I take a Tylenol PM a few times a week at bedtime but it's because I have a bad back, hip, and knee, so it's either I get help falling asleep sometimes, or I stop exercising again, and that's how I gained weight in the first place!

If you're taking sleeping pills just so you'll sleep through your hunger then that is very unhealthy.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If you are not starving yourself you shouldn't need sleeping pills to sleep and not think of food. Spread your calories out throughout the day and don't get so hungry that you need to sleep to stop thinking about it!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Raquel, there are several things that worry me greatly when I look at your post.

#1: Taking sleeping pills every night is not healthy. You do not get a proper sleep when you take a sleeping pill. You do not go through the necessary sleep cycles and your body does not the sleep you are designed to get. Over time this can lead to severe physical and mental problems.

#2: You have a goal of 15 lbs weight loss. You have lost 2 lbs in 1 week. That is 13% of your goal. With only 15 lbs to lose, you should only be losing a fraction of a pound each week. To put it in perspective, my goal was to lose 105 lbs. It would be like me losing 14 lbs my first week. I doubt anyone alive would say a 14 lb weight loss in one week would be healthy.

#3: As cited above, if you are craving food to the point you need to medicate, there are two possible reasons. The first (as noted by other posters) is that you are not eating healthy as you claimed in your post. Your body knows what is healthy and will crave the nutrients it needs. Dr. Oz just had a segment on yesterday about a hormone (grellin) that causes you to be hungry. That hormone is produced when the stomach does not have enough food. The second possible reason you need to medicate is that you are using your diet to rationalize substance abuse. A side effect of sleeping pills is an addiction to their use.

#4: This is a site devoted to healthy living. You have self-reported some things that indicate some very unhealthy trends. We all wish you the best for your life, which is why I have to call you to task on your post. Please re-evaluate what you are doing with your diet, look at your weightloss goals, look into what "healthy eating" really is and consider dropping the sleeping pill habit before it becomes an addiction.
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice guys, I really appreciated ;) I will stop taking the sleeping pills... I haven't been taking them for a long period of time just this past week, My mother told me as well there not good for me I am still young and it will become addictive.. my eating habits were always bad since I was younger, I grow up just eating junk food and I was never over weight.. & I think me taking the sleeping pills was not because I can't control my self on my eating habits, It's because I recently lost a very precious person to me and nights are the hardest ...Oh and I am not starving my self!! I love food way to much to do that to myself =)... sorry if I concerned u guys. and again Thanks for all your advise.