Favorite Protein Powders?

Options
2»

Replies

• stevethomas22
    Options
    I prefer Chocolate Muscle Milk powder from GNC - mixed with 1% low fat milk, I try to dring it with-in 1/2 after a workout. Good luck!!
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm considering trying out protein powders. Where's the best place to purchase them? In stores (Walmart, etc) or online? I don't want a huge container if I'm just trying them out.

I think About Time will send you sample packets for a small fee so you dont need to buy a whole container. Other brands may do this as well if you check their sites.

Thanks! I had no idea!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ABC_Always
    ABC_Always Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use only whey isolate now, it's a little more expensive but more filtered and pure than the cheaper whey concentrates like the other brands mentioned in this thread. Also less chance of acne if you're prone to dairy-induced spots.

I also throw in a scoop of Trader Joe's Green Powder and Coconut Oil for a quick breakfast.
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I can't do dairy. I like Jay Robb's egg white vanilla.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to take peoples words for it. Not so much on MFP, but those that are sponsored. I've looked up several bikini competitors and all of their suggestions are of their sponsors. I don't know if they are being truthful, or just making their sponsors happy! Anyways, Im looking for a Whey Protein Isolate powder. Price doesn't matter, but other noticeable benefits? Also, im picky, im not a big fan of milkshakes, so having my protein drink taste like one is not appealing. Ive seen strawberry and banana powders, has anyone ever tried these? Even maybe a banana flave. I wont be using milk either.
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I Love Dymatize Gourmet in chocolate and cappuccino rush. I use waster with mine, it mixes so well and no after taste. It's a mix of whey and casein. About 120 calories and 5 g of carbs, 0 sugar and 21 g of protein.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Formulx when I can get it. A bit pricey but I love it. ON vanilla on other days.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm considering trying out protein powders. Where's the best place to purchase them? In stores (Walmart, etc) or online? I don't want a huge container if I'm just trying them out.

a lot of healthfood stores have trial packs that you can get. theyre usually just one serving so you dont get stuck with a 50 gallon tub that youll hate :)

PlantFusion Vanilla Bean is my favorite!
  • starrchiild
    starrchiild Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition (gold standard) - double rich chocolate for the WIN!!
  • dcromwell98
    Options
    I stick with Optitrim. More than just protein and a great meal replacement. Was a slight adjustment to the chocolate (but not really chocolate) flavor. However, at this point I do 3 a day (morning, lunch and afternoon snack time) then eat a normal dinner of whatever I want. In the last 8 months I've dropped around 40 lbs.
  • Bethbr00tality
    Bethbr00tality Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love the Sunwarrior ones. They're a little more expensive than what I usually buy, but they are really good. They're also soy & dairy free, which I like as a vegan, haha. I get plenty of soy protein in my diet, I'm not too keen on supplementing it in as well.
  • sherrid50
    Options
    Chris Powell''s Bode vanilla ice cream!! It has 16 grams of protein — A proprietary blend of whey protein concentrate, organic pea protein and organic whole grain brownrice protein works to suppress your appetite and protects against muscle loss!:smile:

Plus it has 7 grams of soluble fiber which helps you feel fuller and satisfied longer, while maintaining insulin levels already
    in the normal range. And 690 milligrams of Omega-3 essential fatty acid — As Alpha-Linolenic Acid, which is naturally derived from flaxseed, toenhance overall brain support and wellness.
  • emilymonnig
    Options
    I just started using EAS Lean and it tastes great!
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump