Trying to lose 30lbs

Options
So.....3 years ago I was traveling around the country doing 100 mile mountainbike races. Then, a dang aortic aneurysm and failed aortic valve made me stop. Dang. No, the aneurysm didn't bust (obviously), but it was ready to when they found it. A couple weeks later they did surgery and I now have a new valve and aortic root. Two months before the surgery, my wife gave birth to our wonderful twins. She (wifey) has been a total blessing and has put up with my healing and hair-brained ideas. It's time for me to get off the couch and get back in shape. Doctors say I am not limited. They just don't want me "racing or riding competitively anymore. I still love mountainbiking, and enjoy commuting by bike to work even in the winter on studded tires. I owe it to my family and myself to lose the 30lbs I put on after making the change from an ultra-endurance athlete to a couch potato. Funny how when you exercise like a maniac and your body actually needs the 3500 calories you somehow can't turn off the caloric "need" when you can't exercise. Time to snap out of it! My wife is my MFP friend. I could use some encouragement from others. Thanks.

Replies

• deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking your life back. Your wife sounds a lot like me. I spent a year helping my husband rehab after someone ran over him in a ford explorer. Like you, he said he would not let it take away his life. You can do this, you have a wonderful support system right there at home and MFP is wonderful for that extra support or motivation.

I sent you a friend request