Can I get some friendly support?!

Options
:happy: Hey! I'm a 28 year old single mom who is determined to lose the extra lbs that I put on while prego. It's been a struggle since my baby was born (6 months ago) but I AM going to do it!
About 2 years ago, at about 160lbs, I lost 25 lbs by changing my diet and lifestyle. I started eating healthy and running. I had been overweight for about 7 years. I'm 5'3" and at one point, weighed 180 lbs. I had peetered around with losing weight for a few years before I got serious. At that point, I had decided that I not only wanted to be thin, but I also wanted to be healthy. And that's what I did, and I kept the weight off for 2 years.
However, after I found out I was prego I, shamefully, admit that I let myself go. Well, breaking those bad habits I picked back up have been hard to let go of, but I heard someone say something that really stuck with me and has made me determined to be healthy again. They said, "If you don't lose the baby weight within the first year then most likely, you aren't going to lose it at all." That really made me think, and I know that I don't want to continue down this road that only leads to bad health and shame. I want to really enjoy my new life with me and my baby girl.
So here it goes! Im here to shake it off, work it out and get it together!

Replies

• angiemo80
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you! I just started to and would love to meet people and have a great support system! :)
  • snhegg
    snhegg Posts: 2
    Options
    All that matters is you've decided to make the changes and that's what counts! You are doing the right thing for yourself being healthy should always be the goal for weight loss. How you look should be a bonus! :wink:
    You Will hit bumps in the road! I'm a scale junkie myself. I weigh up to much and tend to get annoyed at my 'lack' of progress. LOL! So just remember these things take time!
    Your already doing the right thing think about that and when you question yourself go to the forums and check out the success stories that helps a LOT! Good luck you can do it girl! :flowerforyou: