Here I go again!!

Options
I am 33 and I have been unhappy with my weight since I was eight years old and a boy in my class decided to make my nickname Thunder Thighs. I have lost and gained hundreds of pounds and here I go again, trying to lose weight and get healthy.
A few years ago I lost 97 lbs, slowly I gained back over 100.
What makes this time different?!?!? Well, I really feel ready this time, my kids are a bit more independent and I have a great support system. I know that it has to come off slowly and I know that it is a lifestyle change not a temporary adjustment.
It is a scary journey but I am so ready for it!!

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! And you are not alone many of us have tried and failed and had successes that did not last but the thing is we are still here and we know we can do this!!! We know because we can see it, when we follow MFP and do as it suggest success comes! We will do this together!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and I have been unhappy with my weight since I was eight years old and a boy in my class decided to make my nickname Thunder Thighs. I have lost and gained hundreds of pounds and here I go again, trying to lose weight and get healthy.
    A few years ago I lost 97 lbs, slowly I gained back over 100.
    What makes this time different?!?!? Well, I really feel ready this time, my kids are a bit more independent and I have a great support system. I know that it has to come off slowly and I know that it is a lifestyle change not a temporary adjustment.
    It is a scary journey but I am so ready for it!!

"I know that it is a lifestyle change not a temporary adjustment."
    Focus on this and you will achieve your goals and stay healthy for years to come! You can do it!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am right where you are!! Heather every since I met you , you have remained consistent and always an inspiration. Just take it one day at a time and you will find iit will get easier everyday. Umm I have to laugh at myself because while I am good at encouraging others I need to take my own advice...LOL!! :smile: :wink: stay strong and focused I am here cheering you on!:drinker:
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I feel different this time! So ready for a change!!!