Teff Flour

Options
Jaulen
Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
Okay, so I bought a bag of Teff Flour. And am in the process of making Teff Honey bread.

I need ideas on what other uses Teff flour could be put to? Or when making many baked products, can I sub a bit of teff flour for regular flour or whole wheat flour?

Replies

• kebcakes
    kebcakes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've never used Teff flour, but isn't it the flour they use to make that spongy Ethiopian bread? Have you ever had Ethiopian? You basically use the bread to scoop up all different kinds of delicious lentils, salad, and stews. Where did you get the Teff flour? Did you have to order it online?
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Bought it at the grocery store it was a Bob's Red Mill package.

Never tried Ethiopian food. But if it's got lentils I'm game! Will have to see if there is an Ethiopian place near me to try next time we eat out. Will also have to find a recipe for Ethiopian-style bread...and a dinner recipe to try with it.

The bread last night didn't rise as high as a fully wheaten loaf, but it smelled really good, and tasted good too.
  • kebcakes
    kebcakes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll have to look next time I go to the grocery store. I've been wanted to try my hand at Ethiopian. You should definitely try it out. Some people get grossed out by the concept of eating with no utensils. They are missing out because it is sooooo good!