30 Day Shred(ed) fatty. Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• nora711
    nora711 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm about 130lbs overweight and I'm on day 5!
    Yes, it's bloody hard, but dammit I'm powering through.
    I am going to try to do it 30 days in a row. I hope to move on to level 2 after 10 days.
    It gets easier! I promise! I can do so many more exercises in a row now than I used to, and I'm not very sore anymore :)
    You can do it!
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, Day 3 and I'm still ambulatory but it's touch and go, really. :ohwell:
    A couple of things:
    ~ I finished. I did more reps and all of the floppy jacks except for a few off the last set because the floptastical ability of my girls just did me in for a minute and I felt that if I just stopped for my allotted 5 seconds and said an ugly word that I'd be golden. I did and I was.

~ I think if I have to pretend to use a jump rope that I should be allowed to um....pretend to jump rope. And while I can't prove my suspicions.... that Natalie chick is half bunny rabbit. NO ONE can hop like that without genetic proclivities.

~When it was over, I was on all fours on the floor attempting to get up with the least amount of wiffle ball battery to my quads when my wee one walked in and very worriedly said "Mama! Are you ok? Should I crawl under you and hoist you up?!" Well. There it is. A flash of blinding reality in the tiniest nugget of inference. My sweet, sweet child, who is 8 used the term "hoist" in all her innocence and compassion because that is what you do to a big ol' load that must be lifted. Hoist that puppy! I could not stop laughing. She could not understand why.

~I am so inspired by all of you who are doing this and your sweet words! :drinker: I blog every so often, pop in sometime. :flowerforyou: I'm trying to replace excess chewing with excess writing. :wink:

I'm gonna do to day 4 what Katrina in the 4th grade did to me in the girl's bathroom every single week. Scare the crap out of it and make fun of it's shoes. I'm 3 days in and feelin' bad:smokin: baby!

~Fluff
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading when you started talking about "modifying your jumping jacks", you should try to find a high support sports bra, I used to struggle with the same thing but once you find the right bra your life changes.

Try it on in the dressing room and do 5 jumping jacks. If everything is in place still, there you go.

30DS is great gives great results and I like it a lot.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    If you are on day 3, you should join this group. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/11646-30-day-shred-1-28-13
    We all started on the same day as you. Would love to have you join!
  • dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I'm just getting ready to push play for day 3 myself. I have 40lbs to lose but I have done this before. It does get easier. My daughter has also inquired as to my well being as I've laid gasping on the floor, now she's used to it, lol.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Oh EM GEE!

Your posts on this thread are amazing! I :heart: you!

I just finished Day 9...level one. I don't know WHAT it is about Jumping Jacks combined with a pretend jump rope, but it HURTS. I can knock out butt kicks/punches and then the combo cardio at the end, but that first cardio? There are no words to explain how much I hate that. And that last minute of abs? That crap is sheer hell.

I am frightened of the next level. I'm afraid to preview. I saw burpies. I HATE burpies. My knees hate burpies. Yeah, I'm a wuss. I try to protect my knees at all cost.

That said, you should be ridiculously proud of yourself. You are INSPIRING!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Fluff - this thread is NOT making me want to do 30ds. And I have been seriously considering it. Is there anyone who does this who DOESN'T complain about the pain?

YES!!!

Here's what happened...The week before I started the Shred, I climbed 8 flights of stairs. Twice. I coudn't move correctly for three days. Compared to that? The first three days of Shred didn't hurt after the fact. The only discomfort I really have is that first set of cardio because it does weird things to my knees so I have to be careful.

The worst I experienced during the first week was that on days 4-6 my muscles felt REALLY fatigued (not painful, just tired) for the remainder of the day.

Don't let it discourage you. And our favorite trainer says that the pain is the body getting stronger and the fear going away...Or at least I think that's what she is saying...it's what I can make out underneath my cursing her regularly. :laugh:
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fluff - this thread is NOT making me want to do 30ds. And I have been seriously considering it. Is there anyone who does this who DOESN'T complain about the pain?

YES!!!

Here's what happened...The week before I started the Shred, I climbed 8 flights of stairs. Twice. I coudn't move correctly for three days. Compared to that? The first three days of Shred didn't hurt after the fact. The only discomfort I really have is that first set of cardio because it does weird things to my knees so I have to be careful.

The worst I experienced during the first week was that on days 4-6 my muscles felt REALLY fatigued (not painful, just tired) for the remainder of the day.

Don't let it discourage you. And our favorite trainer says that the pain is the body getting stronger and the fear going away...Or at least I think that's what she is saying...it's what I can make out underneath my cursing her regularly. :laugh:
    Ack! FunnyG. That was so not my goal. I'm terribly sorry.:embarassed: Please do not let my wimpocity and fatrocity that causes my insipid whining to keep you from 30DS greatness! Writing and laughing at things in my life helps me process and I've always found anything difficult easier if I knew someone sorta like me was kickin' butt at something. Hence my overshare. You've got this, girl! If I can do 3 days. Anyone can. That's the truth sammich :tongue:
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great post, I am thinking of giving 30DS another try...or maybe not. There is an AOS near me too, they look mean in there. We walked by on Thanksgiving morning to a market down the street and there were a ton of people working out, Thanksgiving morning. They say on the door if for every minute you are late you have to do five burpees...Yikes.
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred ALWAYS kicks my *kitten*, no matter how much weight I want to lose. I always do it for 10 days and then move on. I modify all the time. To be honest if I didn't move on until I could do every single move I would never move on. Hah! Also I tend to get bored by day 10. But then again I've done the shred a couple times so it's been beat into my brain by now. Keep up the good work!!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred ALWAYS kicks my *kitten*, no matter how much weight I want to lose. I always do it for 10 days and then move on. I modify all the time. To be honest if I didn't move on until I could do every single move I would never move on. Hah! Also I tend to get bored by day 10. But then again I've done the shred a couple times so it's been beat into my brain by now. Keep up the good work!!

Oh, THANK YOU so much for posting that! Honestly, I'm scared to move on to 2. :flowerforyou:
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Oh my Glob, I really HATE the "Shred"! I'm not sure I've ever done anything I hated more actually, and I want to punch Jillian. BUT, I think I'm gonna start it again today, lol.

I've attempted the Shred a couple times before but I've never done the full 30 days. The most I think I did was 18 days in a row and I only did level 1. What really frustrates me about it is that it never seems to get any easier! I never feel ready to move on to level 2. I tried it (level 2) once and I couldn't finish it. It's annoying because I'm not even overweight, I'm just REALLY out of shape, (strength of handicapped kitten) and have excess body fat. "Skinny Fat", as they call it. :grumble: The last time I used 5 lb weights, though I could barely do the shoulder raises at the end with them. I can do each exercise fairly well aside from the push-ups (always modified, HATE them anyway) and side lunge with shoulder raises. However, I ALWAYS feel like I'm dying, so I end up quitting before the end of 30 days.

I also find that I end up getting knee pain at some point during the program, and I don't understand why because I keep proper form during the lunges.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    OMG! I love this post!! Thank you Fluff, you are hilarious!!

I started the 30 DS last night, boy am I sore! I WILL make it the whole 30 days - Positive thoughts!!

This thread is motivating me and will check in daily, love reading everyone's progress!!
  • my2qties
    my2qties Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That was me on the 1st day! LOL. I walked for 1/2 hr and did 30 day shred...my legs were killing me after 2 hrs and for remainder of day. I was so sore and had a hard time going up and down our stairs. I took advil to help but it didn't kick in right away and I could not sleep that night. I'm on day 6 now and feel so much better
  • my2qties
    my2qties Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh EM GEE!

Your posts on this thread are amazing! I :heart: you!

I just finished Day 9...level one. I don't know WHAT it is about Jumping Jacks combined with a pretend jump rope, but it HURTS. I can knock out butt kicks/punches and then the combo cardio at the end, but that first cardio? There are no words to explain how much I hate that. And that last minute of abs? That crap is sheer hell.

I am frightened of the next level. I'm afraid to preview. I saw burpies. I HATE burpies. My knees hate burpies. Yeah, I'm a wuss. I try to protect my knees at all cost.

That said, you should be ridiculously proud of yourself. You are INSPIRING!

I can't stand the jump rope part either! I also die during the last minute of abs. I can nver hang and have to stop and then try again. Can't wait to finish the level! I'm doin day 7 tomorrow and resting the weekend and then ack on the saddle come Monday. Let me know what you think of level 2
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    I love you!

This post pretty much sumed up the first 3 day of shred hell I went through! I does get better, by about day four or five you will be surprised at the amount of strength and endurance you've gained!

You are truly inspirational, and I hope you don't mind me adding you. I need you in my life! :)
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    I finished level1 day 2 last night, I must say, I'm having a bit of trouble moving today! Still a good hurt but wow!
    I know it will get easier after today!