Rosemary Conley UK

tansyf
tansyf Posts: 66 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all

I am thinking of joining a local Rosemary Conley class, its a weigh in, nutrition advice and 45 minutes of aerobics. Has anyone tried Rosemary Conley classes before? Would love to hear how you got on and I have no idea which diet she uses, am really hoping its a calorie controlled one as I get on best with this.

Many thanks in advance

T xxx

Replies

• sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    I go to Rosemary Conley.

I have been attending classes since September 2008.

It is a calorie controlled diet, you also aren't meant to eat anything over 5% fat (with the exception of lean beef and oily fish) and you get an exercise class included in your weekly fee.

The diet plan has changed slighly since I first started, so now you spend 2 weeks on a 1200 calorie "kick start" plan and then are moved onto 1400 cals for another 2 weeks I think. Then you are given your final calorie allowance based on your age, height and gender. The diet is also based on low G.I food so you stay fuller for longer.

If differs by area but at mine I am a Premier member and I pay £21 a month, this entitles me to attend as many fitness classes I want a week (there are currently 8 in my area and I attend 3) and get the Rosemary Conley magazine included. It is run on a franchise basis though and some franchisees charge for extra classes seperately so you will need to check that.

I like attending a class as having to go and be weighed makes me feel more accountable and less likely to cheat :) It is also straightforward to follow as there are no points,syns etc as at other slimming clubs
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Hi Tansy,

I go to Rosemary Conley classes too. Like sazziecee said it has changed since I first started - exactly as she described. it's a good combination of watching what you eat and exercise. And yes it is calorie counting.

Last time around I managed to lose a coupe of stones on the plan, but wasn't able to keep going to classes becasue I changed jobs, but now that I'm back on it I've lost 13.5lbs since the beginning of Feb. it definitely works for me and this site helps with the calorie counting.

If you're not sure, try gettig the magazine, it'll give you a weekly menu plan you can try before you decide if you want to cough up for the classes.

:) hope this helps
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Well done on the 13.5lb loss since beginning of Feb :)
    I have been back at class since Jan and have only lost 7lb, but at least it's coming off... lol
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Cheers m'dear!! I'm trying to lose 1lb a week, and so far I've managed to do it :) Keep going with yours, it's coming off and staying off :)
This discussion has been closed.