Do you record when you go over?

Options
2»

Replies

• jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I record everything.
    That being said, I have only gone over my calories one day since I started here.
    BUT, I have red numbers every single day!
    So while I have no problem staying under or near my calorie goal, my red numbers are always there.
    Maybe this is why I am losing sooooo slow?

How do I even know what my numbers should be? MFP automatically sets them but as I found out with my fiber they had that set ridiculously LOW, so I upped my fiber to the bare minumum of 25.
    I have oftened wondered how I know if those numbers are correct??

Anyone know of a good source for daily requirements?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i have at least one red day a week. it doesn't bother me that much. but i also track things i want to be over in the red and that doesn't happen often enough. :) give yourself permission to make occassional bad choices. life doesn't have to be all or nothing.
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    i have at least one red day a week. it doesn't bother me that much. but i also track things i want to be over in the red and that doesn't happen often enough. :) give yourself permission to make occassional bad choices. life doesn't have to be all or nothing.
    This advice (echoed elsewhere in this thread) is right on the money for a few reasons.

First off, if you deprive yourself of what you like (or love) you will not be able to stick to your nutritional plan. That leads to binges and ultimately to getting frustrated and quitting.

Second, I didn't get to 100+ pounds overweight by eating too much every day. There were days that I ate nutritiously. Likewise, over time you will win, even with days that you just say "Aw what the heck... you gotta live!" and give in to pure pleasure.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I sure do record every single morsel....and sometimes it goes RED! Matter of fact, my sugar is ALWAYS in the red. My fat is in the red a lot too.
    But, I'm working on it!
    Good luck..tomorrow is a new day.
  • gloriacombs
    gloriacombs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i do so very good during the week, but these weekends are killing me. It is the eating out. I do track everything and am working at this harder than I have ever in my life. I am 57 years old and need to be healthy enough to dance at my grandchildrens weddings and play with great grandkids.:flowerforyou:
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    i do so very good during the week, but these weekends are killing me. It is the eating out. I do track everything and am working at this harder than I have ever in my life. I am 57 years old and need to be healthy enough to dance at my grandchildrens weddings and play with great grandkids.:flowerforyou:

I'm with you!!! Weekends are SO hard!!! :explode: