Im a newbie

Options
Hi Everyone, my name is Erica and i have been 5 days into my new weightloss plan. On tuesday the 3-18 i started out at 268 lbs and today i weigh 262.5 so its coming off! Im excited to meet new people and enjoy this new journey. I know its going to be tough but i want to lose weight and i am determined. Im engaged to a wonderful man that met me when i was big and loves me no matter what, but i want something different for myself im tired of being the fat girl.. I want to be able to get in a rollercoaster without the bar squishing my gut, or fit into an airplane seat without feeling like im squishing the person beside me. Actually there is many things that are coming to mind that i cant wait to have changed. my long term goal is 175lbs for now, but im sure when i get there i will want more!!

Replies

• Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place! We are all here for you. It sounds like your determined and that is the very beginning. Making the right choices and staying focused is what it takes!!! It sounds like your there :smile: Welcome aboard and let's do the journey together.
  • kathleen1960
    kathleen1960 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on this website for about 2 months but since I am actually working two jobs right now have been very bad in my eating habits and choices and exercising has been zilch I am counting down this year till the end of tax season and the beginning of my life again I am weighing in at 190 lbs and just trying to hold my own or hopefully lose a little before I can get back in the swing
  • cutejelly
    Options
    Thank you so much, and i am determined and excited! I just hope i can keep up the motivation. I think this site will definatley help! I look forward to getting to know you and being as supportive as everyone on this site seems to be!!
  • tlgillespie
    tlgillespie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome to My Fitness Pal. I just love this site. This morning I got up and drove to the park and walked 5.20 miles because I did not want to worry about going over on my calorie count today! (I hate when that happens). So far though I have been able to stay way under my count. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.:smile:
  • Freda
    Freda Posts: 15
    Options
    This site is great as long as you are honest with yourself. I have lost 26 pounds with this site but a total 126. I also started around 268 so it seems impossible. One day at a time! Make sure you get some exercise to burn extra calories. You have to burn them to earn them.
  • cutejelly
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I look forward to getting to know all of you, and going thru this journey togther!!! Be Blessed!
  • prebabyweight
    Options
    Hello I am new to!!! this site seems great so far I was looking for a place online to get support and this site seems to give lots of support!!!! good luck on your weight loss journey!!