my husband is sooo fit

Options
And I'm sooo not after having a baby. Has anyone found it hard to get fit, when your husband can eat whatever he wants? Any advice on how to make it easier?

Replies

• IronGirlShae
    IronGirlShae Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's always hard when only one partner has to diet. Luckily my hunny is a chubster like me. We both tried dieting solo, but now we are on MFP together and it is great. He doesn't eat chips and dip in front of me anymore, I make him healthy dinners...when we are in harmony it is the best. You could ask him not to totally pig out in front of you and make you drool all over your salad.

Or, as you gradually get 'soooooo fit' like him, you might be able to eat whatever you want too! (and won't you be a cute couple!)
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My husband is currently doing this too, to lose a bit of weight. We've both REALLY been slacking the past few months so we're just starting back up with the fitness and diet plan.

BUT it is sometimes quite frustrating because while my husband can put on a few pounds when he slacks off, he easily and quickly drops the weight when he wants to. I told him the other day that he just has to THINK "hmm I think I'd like to lose weight" and he does it.

I just have to try not to compare myself with him, and remember that while yes, we're on the journey together, I'm also on my own fitness and weight loss journey and have to concentrate on myself.
  • laridae79
    laridae79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband is skinny as, and 6'7", and works in a physical job - so he can eat what he likes.
    We don't have breakfast or lunch together - so that's easy, I just make something for me. i try & make it something fairly light so I can have more for dinner.
    Dinner, we have the same thing - I just have less of it, or I modify it so I don't have pasta but have vegies instead or something.

Exercise - well, haven't really done much yet, but walk to work occasionally (about a 50min walk). So that's just me alone (and my daughter in her stroller). We work in different directions, and he starts 2 hours before me.

So I guess, just stick to what you should eat & ignore what he eats?
  • me1269
    me1269 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my husband is super fit and can eat whatever he wants. he's almost too skinny so I have to encourage him to eat. I keep our meals healthy but he does require a lot more food than i do and he has to eat more frequently. He likes to eat a lot of snacky food and I buy it for him. I have to say that it doesn't bother me like it would have before. I try to stay focused on my goals. It actually give me pleasure knowing that I resist the food that he's eating. So my advice to you is to stay focused and look at the total picture. I look forward to the day when are physical abilities are more closely matched.
  • MissyINGa
    MissyINGa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! My husband is fit and doesn't even try. He has a hard time understanding why I can't get fit. No matter what he eats, he will never be overweight. I struggle to lose even 5 lbs and he could lose 10 with no problem. The best advice I can give you is not to compare yourself with him. You are your own person and God made you different!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Very helpful!