back fat

Options
whats the best way to lose my stubborn back fat as shown in my photos? im at a low weight for my height but the fat on my back and outter thighs is sticking. i lost 30 lbs and ive worked out throughout this whole process (weights and cardio) so im not sure what else can be done. if i lose more weight i will be at an unhealthy weight but there is still fat that needs to go. thank you

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    What fat?
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    i wish i could post bigger pics does anyone know how to post them in a thread?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You could unlock your profile. But if that's you in the mirror there, I have the same question. What fat? I'm thinking you might not be seeing what you actually look like
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    my profile is locked? shoot let me try to fix that now
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You could unlock your profile. But if that's you in the mirror there, I have the same question. What fat? I'm thinking you might not be seeing what you actually look like

^^this
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    i think its fixed now
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I have to admit I am a little confused - the last 2 pictures look to be of a different person than the first three.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    lol i hope so. the last 2 are me before losing 30 pounds. the first three are recent, close to my goal weight but i have some stubborn back fat still
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sarauk2sf.

Which pictures am I supposed to be looking at?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    lol i hope so. the last 2 are me before losing 30 pounds. the first three are recent, close to my goal weight but i have some stubborn back fat still

Can you post pics of your back now?
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    im pretty happy with the front view but im concerned about excess back fat (love handles) shown in the second pic. if i could make the pic larger you could get a better idea but im not sure how to post pics in threads.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You have body dysmorphia...not back fat.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You don't have love handles, that your eyes are lying to you. Look into body dysmorphia. I think you are still seeing the old you in the mirror rather than the new you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

If the first three are your current photos, one, congrats because you look great. And two, I think you may have an unrealistic expectation of what the human body is supposed to look like. At least non competing, non VS model bodies.

I'm not seeing any extra fat. But perhaps you do want to get to competition levels of body fat. That's fine too. I wouldn't but it's your body. You're just going to have to continue what you've been doing and lose more weight. Keep in mind that you may only lose 1 lb a month at this stage so be patient.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    you look great , try looking at my before pics !!! now thats back fat ...you can see it from all angles even the front haha!!! still have some now but pretty happy overall . if you really are concerned go see a personal trainer for 1 session at your local gym and ask him/her to give you a programme. In NZ they will do this in an orientation session.
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Maybe you wont' be able to focus on the number (weight) anymore and you will just have to "tone" to get the look that you want. That can be done by lifting and doing specific exercises. Possibly ditching your cardio for yoga/bikram too.
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    ok thanks i hope so. maybe im still not adjusted to my new body. i dont think that pic is the best to show what im talking about though. ill have to get a better one.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    What others have said. I honestly don't see any fat. If you want any shape changes at this point don't lose more, get into a good lifting programme. You won't 'bulk up'... You'll just get definition where ever you want it. A lot can be done to completely transform your back, if you like that look (I do). I do also think your seeing the old girl in the mirror. Very very common after weight loss. Your Head needs time to catch up! X
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yikes.
    Check out OP's posting history. Was considering lipo at 115 lbs.