Denise Austin

Options
I was looking for different cardio workout and I found Denise Austin,,, That chick is hardcore... I can't wait to do it tomorrow together with Jilliam Michael 90day Shred....

have you ever done any of her workouts? Any results?????? Thank you

Replies

• ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I do them sometimes, today im doing a 30min kettlebell workout then might do a Denise workout,. They work me harder then other workouts. Shes really motivational for me as shes so happy and alert and positive, Im aiming for 1.5hrs workouts today mix of cardio and strength so she will help. Hopefully someone who has had good results will come along. I know I burned about 90cals in one of her 12 mins videos so they are a good workout
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    good luck with your workout lady!!!! thank you for sharing your experience
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yes, Shrink Your Female Fat Zones. Good workout, but OMG - something about the way she talks on and on and on in sort of a "aren't we sexy" bedroom voice makes me want to run screaming from the room.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love Denise Austin! Some people complain that she's too perky or whatever, but I like how she is so encouraging. She'd always say things like "You're doing great! Just a couple more!" right when I was wanting to quit. It was like she was telling me that it's hard for everyone at this point and not to feel discouraged. :smile: Some coaches/instructors seem to yell or be kinda over the top. Denise has a more mellow voice and talks like we're buds and she's there to cheer you on without yelling in your ear.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I feel like one of the few who doesn't find her annoying. I love her workouts. I usually burn 300-400 calories on any that I've done.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so with you on Denise Austin's voice, her workouts are great but that breathless voice makes me cringe.
  • supergirljen
    Options
    I used to do work outs with her when she had a show on tv in the morning...(I was 14 and now I have a 14 yr old...bleh). I loved her then, maybe I will buy a few of her DVDs and bring back childhood memories. Thanks for the info! :)
  • beebopbeth
    beebopbeth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Denise Austin wbrkouts! You can find alot on youtube! My favorite is the sports bootcamp.... it really really works my butt & thighs. I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and did this workout on day 31 and couldn't believe how sore I was. She must work different muscles than Jillian.....
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    OMG I'm so excited to use her workouts!!! Thank you!!!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Good workouts but I have to mute her, I want to body slam her by the time the workout is done.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    As long as she isn't talking, it's a good workout. I prefer Cathe Frederich.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Shes good. Her voice reminds me of a phone sex operator, lol. And I had a video of hers that on a couple of the hard parts she said "we're burning butter now!" and thats the first thing I think of when i think denise austin.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Ooh i am intrigued..ii like the JM workouts and i am keen to learn other workouts

What Denise austin workouts do you recommended? Do you need equipment ?
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i love her videos.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    Ooh i am intrigued..ii like the JM workouts and i am keen to learn other workouts

What Denise austin workouts do you recommended? Do you need equipment ?

I just started to do her workouts... so far you dont need anything besides some weights.... she is pretty intense with her cardio though.. a lot of jumping... and you can find her workout on youtube
  • DAFan1
    DAFan1 Posts: 1
    Options
    There are hundreds of Denise Austin clips on YouTube. The comment section is fantastic with all of the sexually explicit things that people would like to do with her. In some Washington DC newspaper story, someone asked Denise in April of 2007 if she knew she was the object of so much lust on YouTube. She said she was not aware. “Now I’m worried!" she reportedly said with a giggle. "I went to YouTube to see that autistic kid playing basketball in New York. That was wonderful. But that’s about it.” I wonder if she has ever read any of the comments and giggled. To read the article look up "Denise Austin Gets Indecent Exposure".
  • lailajaber
    Options
    how do you know that you burned 90 calories in her 12 minutes workout? This may be a dumb question, but I'm doing the same workout and I'm curious to know how many calories I burned. Do you measure with a pedometer or something?
  • lailajaber
    Options
    how do you know that you burned 90 calories in her 12 minutes workout? This may be a dumb question, but I'm doing the same workout and I'm curious to know how many calories I burned. Do you measure with a pedometer or something?
    I do them sometimes, today im doing a 30min kettlebell workout then might do a Denise workout,. They work me harder then other workouts. Shes really motivational for me as shes so happy and alert and positive, Im aiming for 1.5hrs workouts today mix of cardio and strength so she will help. Hopefully someone who has had good results will come along. I know I burned about 90cals in one of her 12 mins videos so they are a good workout
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good workouts but I have to mute her, I want to body slam her by the time the workout is done.

YES THIS.
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    As long as she isn't talking, it's a good workout. I prefer Cathe Frederich.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yes I agree Cathe is much better unless you are a "beginner" then stick with Denise!!