Maintenance Workout?

Options
Would anyone mind giving me an idea of a maintenance and toning workout? I mainly focus on cardio at the gym and would love something to build a little muscle. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sandygothes
    Options
    To maintain your muscles, aim for 20 minutes of strength-training exercises two to three times a week with at least one day off in between workouts so your muscles have time to rest, recover, and grow.

http://bodybuilding-blog.org/
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you're looking for here- a workout to be done while you're eating at maintenance or to maintain your current level of fitness, something else entirely?

And by toning, you mean??

Build muscle I understand. For building muscle you're going to need to lift weights and get sufficient protein. A full body compound lifting program is a great place to start, I would recommend stronglifts 5x5. Its simple, effective, and free. Probably it will accomplish whatever these other goals are, too. Haha.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights will improve muscle tone and shape.I suggest you chat to one of the fitness instructors at your gym. They will be able to design a specific programme to meet your goals.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Would anyone mind giving me an idea of a maintenance and toning workout?

Both have 90% to do with your diet, 10% workout.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Would anyone mind giving me an idea of a maintenance and toning workout? I mainly focus on cardio at the gym and would love something to build a little muscle. :flowerforyou:

look up New Rules of Lifting for Women