heat calories??

Options
2»

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    The answer to both of your questions is clearly "yes". Oh, and *hug* for extra support! I love unicorns and rainbows.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The consistency of heat and the length of time on the heat can fluctuate the amount of protein that remains in the meat. Ever see the red liquid that oozes out of the meat, and that's when you know it's ready? That's not blood. That's protein and water being excreted.

Interesting, so according to your theory, when you heat up the meat and the "red stuff" oozes out that is not blood, it is the protein and water being excreted. So, can you answer this for me...if it's protein being excreted...therefore leaving the meat, wouldn't the calories for the warm sandwich be LESS than the cold sandwich? I mean, stuff is leaving the meat and in theory, if there is less there to begin with, then there is less calories to consume.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Was there some sort of dressing added to one and not the other?

This was my first thought - there are 6tbsp of olive oil in the dressing so it looks like these were taken into account in one recipe but not the other.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think we're missing some vital information here.

What flavour is the ice-cream?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The consistency of heat and the length of time on the heat can fluctuate the amount of protein that remains in the meat. Ever see the red liquid that oozes out of the meat, and that's when you know it's ready? That's not blood. That's protein and water being excreted.

Can someone point me to a source that clarifies that meat juice is protein falling out of the meat? Thanks. Too lazy to Google.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/the-red-juice-in-raw-red-meat-is-not-blood/

Thank you...that explains raw meat juice.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    We all of us know that there are many options to burn calories like gym , jogging , aerobics , running on treadmill , morning walk, brisk walk , evening walk , fitness saunas and many more. But the question strikes in the mind do we continue regular . the answer is "NO".
    The best way to burn calories is 40 minutes walk regularly. We should avoid junk foods. Drink 10 to 15 glasses of water.

Always keep Smiling

Thanks and Regards,
    Take care

While I understand your attempt at assisting those less fortunate than yourself, which, by the way, is an admirable quality, your delivery method leaves much to be desired. Not to mention your advice is flawed. And...there's that whole "your post has absolutely no relation to the original post/question presented in this thread" thing to consider.

Always keep posting stuff completely and totally out in left field.

Thanks and Regards,
    Take care
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Beets are sugar.....substitute with sugar-free ice cream. And there's a lot of hormones in beef....substitute with bacon.

baconsundae-531x550_zps5de91d46.jpg

No need to thank me. :flowerforyou:

And if that doesn't work, recreate the recipe at home by using the recipes feature on MFP and manually enter the ingredients. You can weigh the beets and the steak (all depends on size of steak and type of beets) and come up with a better calorie count.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    I have found an email address fro tesco and have asked them to explain.

Watch this space for their response!

(You can eat bacon and ice cream while you're watching this space, it's not very exciting I'm afraid)
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Update: have got the automated email response that they are looking into my query.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Update; Ha! They just called me on my mobile! Apologised that they cant give an answer straight away, but agreed that it looks strange, so they are having their experts to look at the details again.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Update: this is one week later. Called me on my mobile to say they were still investigating it.

Have to give them credit for keeping in touch - I hope there's some vouchers at the end of the story!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the updates.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    They called yesterday and said thanked me for pointing out the error. They've removed the incorrect version (which was the higher calorie one)