Help Staying On Track Throughout the Day

Options
One of my bad-eating-habits is not eating until I'm famished and then gorging. And after 6 o'clock, forget about it. I think there is some gremlin inside me that wakes if I feed it after dark and it consumes anything I can get my hands on.
I know I'm supposed to eat five times each day and eat smaller portions, so I have added an alarm on my PDA that goes off every 2.5 hours and says "EAT!"
This is helping.
Does anyone else have any tips?

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    Options
    I bet you don't drink much all day either because you're too busy?

I would get so busy at work, that my glass of water I pour in the morning is still there in the afternoon. I'd not even make time for potty breaks, and would realize I was about to burst when I got home.

I started keeping my water bottle practicly in my way on my desk (bottle w/lid, not glass cuz I have knocked it over). Keeping it in my line of sight instead of on the outter banks of my desk helped me to keep it to the front of my mind. Drinking several bottles a day also made the potty breaks mandatory (I'm sure my bladder is thankful).

Try keeping healthy snacks on your desk. Celery, carrots, something you can graze on without doing damage.
  • artsyuno
    artsyuno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to eat a good breakfast within an hour of getting up in the morning. It'll keep you from being so hungry later in the day. You can't make those calories up. It's tough to eat a lot of small meals, because it takes a lot of advanced planning if you work outside of the home. I find I can only do it if I think ahead and prepare/take a lot of stuff to work with me. You can do things like making a sandwich, cutting it in half and eating half for one meal with a cup of soup or green salad and then the other half a few hours later with something else. I try to keep healthy snacks in my office - fruits, nuts, low fat cheese, whole grain crackers.
  • kendall87
    Options
    I have the same problem too!!!! I have found on the days that I drink more water, I am not as hungry at night. Sometimes people think they are hungry, when really they are thirsty and/or tired. Noodleheadgal is very right, I used to be like that. Thank you everyone for the great tips!!!!
  • ajimenez
    ajimenez Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for the great tips!
    I'll try them and see how it goes. =]