For the mommies out there...

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
Just curious...

But what (other than the obvious of "being late") were the symptoms that you had that prompted you to get a preggers test?

Cause I've looked up the signs on the medical websites and nothing applies to me other than "being late." And I don't want to waste money on a test in case I am just late which has honestly happened before. And my husband doesn't need a heart attack right now.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you could wait another couple of weeks, I mean if you're not you'll have saved yourself the price of a test. If you are, then chances are you still will be in a couple of weeks. I don't think husbands hear very much difference between "I'm 5 weeks pregnant" and "I'm seven weeks pregnant"

with my 2nd one I didn't even notice I was late and the first sign was nausea, then when I counted back I found out I was about 7 weeks gone, and asked my husband to buy a test, which was positive. I have a friend who went all the way to 5 months before finding out she was pregnant, because the only symptom she had was indigestion and as she has PCOS it was normal for her to miss her period for several months. She only found out because a doctor examined her stomach to try and find the cause of the constant indigestion.... well he found it all right lol and booked her in for a scan.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i gained 10lbs in one week eventhough i watch what i eat and exercise daily. really bloated. very emotionally, balling when i was watching tinkerbell lol
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Id rather know than sit there mulling over it not knowing. A test is a few bucks at wal mart...
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Dollar store tests are great. And a dollar. ;)

Mine were all different. My first - before I was even late, my boobs KILLED. I couldn't even lay down to sleep. My second was just a general queasy feeling that I couldn't shake. My third... I just knew. Woke up and had that 'well crap' feeling. Lol.
    That sounds bad. I was shocked but it turned out just right.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    with my first I was late and had nausea

with my second..I knew the moment I got pregnant...It wasn't on purpose either.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    First symptom for me with all three were very sore boobs.
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    terrible nausea. i couldnt even drink my morning coffee. And I was tired all of the time.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Dollar store tests are great. And a dollar. ;)

Mine were all different. My first - before I was even late, my boobs KILLED. I couldn't even lay down to sleep. My second was just a general queasy feeling that I couldn't shake. My third... I just knew. Woke up and had that 'well crap' feeling. Lol.
    That sounds bad. I was shocked but it turned out just right.

Sounds legit
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I had NO idea I was pregnant. My friend told me on April Fools day she was engaged and I said yea & I'm pregnant. Thinking she was kidding. Boy was I wrong! I had NO signs what so ever that I was pregnant. LoL
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Ultra sensitive nipples
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    The boobs...my god the boobs!!! They were SOOOOOO freakin sore! That and I just had a feeling.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Sore breasts, nausea, and most of all, an aversion to strong smells.
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sensitive nipples, sense of smell was insanely stronger, and I got car sick (which never happens).
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just curious...

But what (other than the obvious of "being late") were the symptoms that you had that prompted you to get a preggers test?

Cause I've looked up the signs on the medical websites and nothing applies to me other than "being late." And I don't want to waste money on a test in case I am just late which has honestly happened before. And my husband doesn't need a heart attack right now.

Nada! I didn't find out until I was 5 1/2 months along. Spend the $10 and find out.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Just curious...

breasts aching is another sign, but that didn't start until i was about 8 weeks pregnant. also more pain and cramping in that area... being late, obviously! you could even take a test now if you wanted to know. i found out when i was only like 5 weeks pregnant or a week after my missed period.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I was eating everything in sight and was losing weight. My craving was mexican pizzas from taco bell with sour cream and a large soda...everyday...for about 3 weeks. If my boyfriend didn't eat and drink his food fast enough, I ate his too...:laugh:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I had mild cramping and AF wasn't due for like a week! I would just pick up a test at Walmart and find out for sure... Good Luck!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Sick as a dog. But I have also heard the dollar store tests work well. I would want to know!!!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Both times...I just knew.

I tested the day I was due for AF and was positive.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'd just get a test from Dollar Tree (or similar). That way you're only out $1 and you'll know. Not knowing is just added stress for me. Good luck either way :)