Workout Pledge

Options
This is not my idea; I borrowed it from 344pounds.com but I think it's wonderful. So, I'd like to do my first workout pledge. I do thirty minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill, after my 20 minute/6 mile warm up on the bike. So, with a workout pledge, you get to decide how long my workout will be. I will do my regular thirty minutes on each..... for each reply to this post I will add 30 seconds to each. For each person who decides to follow my blog (so that next time I can do my pledge and update from there) I will add 60 seconds to each. So you can add 180 seconds to my workout tomorrow, 90 on the treadmill and 90 on the elliptical.

I'm not doing this as punishment (though I did take two days off at the gym in a row and I deserve punishment, lol.) I'm doing this to motivate myself, and change things up a little. I'm kind of nervous, because there are so many people here. So I will leave it open from the time it's posted, until 4pm today central time. We'll see how it goes.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MelJolly is my blog, here on MFP...... but honestly I'm not sure how I'd know you were following it. How about, if you care to, add me as a friend, then when I post to my blog it will show up in your feed. If I bore the heck out of you, you can always unfriend me later and not be bothered.

Replies

• kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the 30 seconds but how do I follow your blog to add another 60?
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Great Idea! Nothing like being accountable to people =). Where's your blog?
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your pledge! :smile:
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    You can do it~
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That's such a neat idea! I subscribed to your blog :flowerforyou:
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cool; I'll count that too.....if you post in your reply that you subscribed to the blog. Please be honest though. :wink:
  • 1desperatehousewife
    Options
    Good luck! It looks like you are already doing great, so keep it up!
  • MelJolly
    Options
    So far.....seven minutes added to each. My workout will be 14 minutes longer.
  • MelJolly
    Options
    TWO HOURS LEFT. I added the pledge on Facebook also.