Not really a water drinker

Options
I am not a lover of plain old water. I try my best to drink it, but I am wondering if there are any other beverages that count towards water? Crystal Light, Seltzer, Unsweetened iced tea, etc... do any of these work?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding a slice of lemon or lime, or some sliced cucmber?

Any of the additives out of a packet are going to have sweeteners and flavourings in them. You have to read the labels carefully to make sure you know what you're getting.
  • allsturns
    allsturns Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I add mint leaves to mine, makes it a whole lot more acceptable...now I don't need to add it as often. Just watch what your adding and check labels.
  • damiannikodem
    damiannikodem Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    just wait until your pee becomes closer to brown than yellow, that should scare you into gallons of the stuff.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd advocate some shock treatment. Only drink water for 2 weeks. I'm sure once you have got used to it you will be fine.
  • Lilyyy7
    Lilyyy7 Posts: 41
    Options
    Have you tried adding a slice of lemon or lime, or some sliced cucmber?

Any of the additives out of a packet are going to have sweeteners and flavourings in them. You have to read the labels carefully to make sure you know what you're getting.

This is good. At the gym they have a water jug, and they put slices of lemons or oranges. It makes it taste so much better!

I love water though. I prefer water over ANY beverage. Good luck! :)
  • kcharles22
    kcharles22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't really like drinking water my self. Try herbal tea, one sugar or none if you can handle it. Or drink water with a straw, makes it go down a lot easier.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Try mineral water, the carbonation may help...
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    I have to say, I didn't use to like water either. Well I did but I preferred something that had taste or fizz to it. Now I prefer the taste of water. Go a couple of weeks drinking nothing but water, then try to drink something else it just tastes bad.
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely can't stand water alone then add the Crystal Light but use only a small amount, the serving is one packet for a bottle, instead use 1/4 of the packet and work your way to 1/8 if you can. Its better then not drinking enough water. Your urine should be clear, always!!!

Cucumber slices in water is amazing.....can't explain it you just have to try it.....the water tastes more like cucumber then the actual cucumber!

Good luck!
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    I use MiO in almost all of my servings of water. They have several flavors, and it is sugar free / calorie free. They also have two energy flavors, which I LOVE. They keep me away from soda.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Not a water lover either so i use mio or crytal lt. Orange slice or lemon is good too. All teas work also as long as they are decaf. Caffeine actually causes some dehydration. Always drink enough that your urine is clear