Leftover Cooked Rice (any kind)

Options
2»

Replies

• NicolesMinion
    Options
    Day old rice is, in my opinion, far superior for fried rice than fresh cooked.

My cooking is kind of extreme in terms of portions, so moderate as needed:

6 cups leftover rice
    12 eggs
    1 pound cooked ham, diced
    1 pound cooked shrimp
    2 cans fried spam (don't judge me, I grew up in Hawaii I can't help but like it)
    2 cans peas
    2 cans carrots, dices
    2 cans corn
    soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and mozzarella to taste (I use a lot)

Makes a ton of food and tastes good.

No Judgement here....just a big smile!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If its just a little bit of leftover sticky rice I'll make "rice balls". Add a little soy sauce if you like, mush up some rice into a ball with your hands (get your hands wet first so the rice doesn't stick as much), then wrap a small piece of nori (seaweed wrapper) around it. My kids eat them as snacks all the time--stick some in a bag and have some on the go snacks.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I like to eat left over brown rice for breakfast sometimes. I'll add a little bit of brown sugar, almond milk and some cinnamon. Eat warm. It's delicious.
    omg yummm
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers -
    Cut 3 large peppers in half, clean out the seeds and stuff them with a mixure of:
    your rice (say 1 cup), 1 medium chopped tomato, 1 small minced onion, 1/2 cup frozen corn, 1/2 can of black beans, 1 minced garlic clove and 1/3 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    Put in a baking dish and pour some spagetti sauce that has been thinned with water (say 1/2 cup of sauce, 1/4 cup of water) over and bake on low temp (or put in hotpot) for 3 hours (until peppers are soft). About 10 minutes before taking out, sprinkle tops with grated parmesan.
  • fabtony
    Options
    You can make a soup with it; chicken and Rice soup...yum!
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    Here's a link to a rice salad I love. It's much more delicious than the sum of it's parts. It's delicious with or without the chicken. I often add a can of black beans and more veggies to the recipe. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Brown-Rice-Salad-with-Grilled-Chicken. You can also top rice into just about any kind of soup, add it to a frittata, or mix in curried veggies.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like to eat left over brown rice for breakfast sometimes. I'll add a little bit of brown sugar, almond milk and some cinnamon. Eat warm. It's delicious.

BUMP on this idea

I add it with fresh salsa to my egg white omlet :)
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Fried rice is great for leftovers, if not, like some people said, it does freeze very well, make sure you used it all up, AFTER you have defroze it:happy:
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Next day lunch:

Rice
    Tin of tuna (in water if you're being fussy)
    Leftover vegetables from dinner
    Salad veg

Chop up everything that needs it and throw into Tupperware. I did this last week and was shocked at how big, easy, nutritious, filling and CHEAP it was. Tasted lovely too.
  • fairbanksk
    fairbanksk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try pouring some soup over it. There are many flavors to try.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i make a chicken broth with a bullion cube and hot water and throw some extra rice(brown)in it