Want to lose belly fat. Any tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• MKCD123
    MKCD123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels six pack workout video...you could find it on youtube and view it for free....she includes reverse crunches which help remove the lower pouch you tend to get and this workout will help tone your transverse abs :) hope this helps

^^^^ Agreed, I have just started and noticed a difference already in my belly area :)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. It's my trouble area too but sadly you can't spot reduce, and abs are mostly made in the kitchen.

By weight training and putting on muscle (or at least minimizing its loss to a calorie defecit and cardio) it helps you burn more calories throughout the day. Working, say, your legs and putting muscle on there will help you lose fat all over.

To sort of fake it, it will help to drink lots of water and avoid sodium, which is a big contributor to belly bloat. Some people may also bloat more when they eat dairy or gluten or whatever so you may want to experiment with taking different things in and out of your diet. But yeah, mostly do weights and watch your eating.
  • westie750
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels six pack workout video...you could find it on youtube and view it for free....she includes reverse crunches which help remove the lower pouch you tend to get and this workout will help tone your transverse abs :) hope this helps

Hi Bri,
    I just looked at the video on youtube, it seems madly intense - are you managing ok with it? I do the 30 day shred but want to focus on abs...
  • hannah_brown
    Options
    (bit of a cheat) but....I got myself the Slendertone Max Flex Belt, it was on offer for £30, and its been great, just pop it on while writing my dissertation or doing my designs for my uni work- or even while sewing! :) really tones and firms up a tummy :)