wii workout games

Options
Hi all!

I'm looking for some great recommendations of fitness games to play on the wii. I have wii fitness plus and the biggest loser bob and gillian workout, but i fancy something new and was wondering if any my fitness pal - ers would have some fun ones to share with me :)

thanks in advance!

kat

Replies

• katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    shameless bump ;)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I like to play just dance. it gets me sweating and its fun :)
  • katcunock
    Options

sounds great :) how do you log your exercise calories for that?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I dont usually log it, to be honest.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I actually like Shaun White Snowboarding. Since it is pure fun, I feel like I work harder. But I don't log it. Also, boxing is fun.
  • katcunock
    Options
    i like the idea of a boxing game :)
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels does one, I haven't used it yet though.
  • vickiaf
    vickiaf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree with just dance, it really makes you sweat. Zumba wii is good too but I'm not so coordinated so find it hard to follow :laugh:
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Zumba is an incredible workout! There are 3 games available currently. I burn about 800 calories an hour. It does take a few tries to get the moves right, but you're in your living room so who cares!
  • katcunock
    Options
    i want to try zumba and wii dance, but i have the co-ordination of baked beans, so maybe i should start with just dance and work up to zumba??
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Zumba core or Rush! they are both great games that make you work hard!! I love it :-)
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i want to try zumba and wii dance, but i have the co-ordination of baked beans, so maybe i should start with just dance and work up to zumba??

nah just go for it main is to try you will still burn! my sister is absolulety rubbish at it but she loves it and burns loads as well :-)
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I really love Gold's Gym Cardio boxing, EA Active 2 and my fitness coach.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    zumba, biggest loser and gold's gym is pretty cool oh and just dance.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

sounds great :) how do you log your exercise calories for that?

I also use Just Dance to workout alot... I use the dropdown Cardio option of "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" to log it.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym is fun, it has cardio kickboxing and latin dance.
  • katcunock
    Options
    what is the my fitness coach like? what features does it have?
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I have Just Dance 3 and 4, and I recent bought Wii Zumba Fitness 2.
    I love them all.

I was logging Just Dance as "Danging, General", but now I'm logging it as "Aerobics, High Impact".

I do NOT log the number of calories that Zumba gives me at the end, I feel it's way too high. I log it, but I estimate downward to be safe. I don't have an HRM so I'm not really sure, but the numbers the game gives me feel like they are way off.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options

I have Just Dance 3 and 4, and I recent bought Wii Zumba Fitness 2.
    I love them all.

I was logging Just Dance as "Danging, General", but now I'm logging it as "Aerobics, High Impact".

I do NOT log the number of calories that Zumba gives me at the end, I feel it's way too high. I log it, but I estimate downward to be safe. I don't have an HRM so I'm not really sure, but the numbers the game gives me feel like they are way off.

I thought Zumba was logging high calories too, until I started wearing my HRM while I did it and saw it was actually close, but lower than what my Polar reported!
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    what is the my fitness coach like? what features does it have?

There is a fitness test in the beginning to see what fitness level you are at. The workouts gradually get harder and you get another fitness test after 10 workouts or so. She'll ask you during the workout if you thought that portion was too easy or difficult and it will adjust the workout based on your answers. I really like it. There is a video preview on amazon for it.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Fitness-Coach-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001H0RZX2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1359563434&sr=1-1&keywords=my+fitness+coach