MFP is AMAZING

Options
Hi,

I'm about 3 weeks old but I'm finally posting in the "Introduce Yourself" thread. I am amazed at how helpful MFP has been for me so far! I've never really dieted before. By my early forties I edged up to near 170. A change of job and eating home-cooking more brought me back down to about 150 over the past five years. But this past winter I started to feel my clothes getting tighter again, and decided that as I approach fifty it would be great to be at my ideal weight, which I estimate to be 140. So I set my MFP goals for 1/2 pound per week but I've already lost 5 pounds! And it has made me so much more conscious of my bad habits--like never drinking water. The first week I had to force my 8 glasses a day. Now I actually feel thirsty for water!

So the food and water adjustments have gone well. My challenge now is to exercise regularly. I tend to be pretty active in a hit or miss way. My goal is to walk one-way to work (40 minutes walking rapidly) or to bike back and forth from work (6 miles) at least 2 times a week, take a weekly yoga class, and to do situps three times a week.

Replies

• queensara2478
    Options
    You have awesome goals set up sounds like your on the right track!! Keep up the good work!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love it here!