Am i crazy? Would you do this?

Options
13»

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and I am going to start "college" for the first time.

this
    > Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.
    Earl Nightingale

^This. Four years will pass regardless of what you do with them. You'll be close to 30 then anyway. Do you want to look back from the same position you're in now and wish you'd done something with them? I applaud you for making tough choices now and hope you enjoy the ride!
    This is true, i can be 30(still very young) and going places or i can be 30, stuck where i am, and most likely bitter about it. Thank you!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING in life has a price. Sounds like you know that already. The question is then..."Are you prepared to pay the price?"

Good luck.:smile:
  • jalynsmom
    Options
    Go for it now! I am 37 and I am back in school, but I can only go part time because I'm a single mom and I have to work full time. I joke and say that I hope to graduate from college before my daughter graduates from high school (she's 5), but really it is going to take me quite some time to finish. So no, you are absolutely not crazy! Do what makes you happy! Good luck!! :smile:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I will probably be 34 by the time I finish my PhD, making at least 10 times less than what I can be making right now with my experience, education and knowledge. After living in US for over a decade, I am currently living in a country (Saudia) where "crimes" as such drinking alcohol are punishable by death.

Ask yourself, are your goals worth it. If you think they are, then go for it and do not regret your decision. If you think your education isn't worth it, then don't. I am currently happy making enough money to get me by and that is enough for me.
    That's crazy Taunto! It makes me feel like a whiney little girl with no real problems.Thanks for the advice, and take care!