low calorie bread recipe?

Options
Hey

Does anyone have a recipe for bread that provides 1 serving under 100 calories? I don't mind what type of bread it is, I'm open to all suggestions, naan/pitta/loaf...etc

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Check out this recipe:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/69184-whole-wheat-herb-bread-recipe?hl=herb+bread#posts-1105263

It's SO good - it's become a staple in my house, just made pizza last night with the recipe.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own whole wheat is 50 calories per slice:love:
  • Kayliejo07
    Options
    Nature's Own Wheat enriched Light. 40 calories per slice.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Check out this recipe:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/69184-whole-wheat-herb-bread-recipe?hl=herb+bread#posts-1105263

It's SO good - it's become a staple in my house, just made pizza last night with the recipe.

I have to agree, and you know exactly what's going into it! my daughter adds cheese to the top of her pwn loaves, even my kids can make this bread! she's makes them into "twists" and adds a little cheddar to the tops...it's quite yummy, a few extra calories but some days we can afford them..lol
  • singcoz528
    singcoz528 Posts: 154
    Options
    I just found Wonder smart white bread. I've never seen it before but it tastes great. It has all the fiber and whole grain of wheat plus extra calcium. Its 100 cal for 2 slices! I love it.

I know its not a recipe but I thought it would be helpful!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Check out this recipe:

thanks that is an awesome link!!
  • Tracey0829
    Options
    I found Earthgrains 35 Vegetable Fiber White bread. It only has 35 calories a slice! They also make it in Wheat with the same calories.
  • sendmoretigers
    Options
    google organic flour and find a producer in your area then just used any old bread recipe with this ingredient in place of the the toxic enriched/bleached junk from the grocery store. the other ingredients, yeast, egg, butter, a little honey, etc are good real foods; don't worry about them in your diet. while you're tracking down the organic flour, maybe you grab those things from an organic source, too! stay as far away as possible from wonderbread or sara lee or anything similar. look at the ingredient lists on them. they're not food, they are chemistry experiments.
    one quick addendum, grab a copy of the joy of cooking, it's a classic with many bread recipes.
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    If not making your own, check out Flatout flatbread (I'm satisfied with half a slice, and I also enjoy pizza made from it) and Aunt Millie"s light breads (such as the Five Grain). There are also some 35 calories a slice breads on the shelves around here that are not the paper thin slices. Just be sure to check nutritional labels for the sodium, etc.

I'm a bread lover - and was so happy to find some breads available that had low calories plus acceptable other ingredients. I now make my own bread crumbs from the low calorie breads as well. And I've enjoyed low calorie French toast (using egg whites) that was yummy with strawberries and even had some bread pudding recently.